Membership Update

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Membership Update

Post by schmieg »

Atilla wrote:Got my hip slick and cool OFCC Patron Coin in the Mail today!!!!

priceless
You're doing better than I, Atilla, and I'm a coordinator. :lol:
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Bones54

Post by Bones54 »

HELP!! I am sure this is not the place to post this however I find no other way to do it. I am a new member as of approx. 2 weeks ago. I have done the intro thing and have posted a couple replies to the forum. Here is the problem. I am locked out of being able to pm "anyone". I looked up this issue in the Q&A and this is what is says.

I cannot send private messages!
There are three reasons for this; you are not registered and/or not logged on, the board administrator has disabled private messaging for the entire board, or the board administrator has prevented you from sending messages. Contact a board administrator for more information.

I am signed in and registered but still cannot contact a board member or anyone since I am locked out of pm? I would just like to know when new members become members with pm privileges? i would suggest a link/tab button to contact an administrator be right up front or at least in the answer you give to this issue instead of just saying "contact a board administrator for more information" but not allowing you to do that. Maybe I am missing something here but very frustrating.
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

Bones,

You cannot send private messages until you have 5 messages posted to the board. As of this moment, you only have three.

This is an anti spam measure to prevent spammers from popping in, spamming everyone, and then disappearing :)

Welcome aboard.

Ken
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Renewed my patron in Oct..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:Renewed my patron in Oct..
So you want us to applaud ? :P
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I renewed on Sept. 14 for 2 years and " Never got a dinner"...............Red Buttons... :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Rapidfire

Post by Rapidfire »

Hello very much appreciated volunteers. I know you'all are over worked but us lazy members really do
appreciate what you do. That said I would appreciate even more if someone could please send to me
the new membership card. (The old one expires in 4 days) I paid in October. Maybe it was lost in the mail.
Dale
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Newcomer »

Just renewed my membership in OFCC. Just a reminder to check your expiration dates. Mine is for 2/23.
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
http://www.gunauction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Did you use the automated system?
How did it work for you?
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Newcomer »

Just went in through the OFCC store and tabbed through. No problems.
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

Newcomer wrote:Just renewed my membership in OFCC. Just a reminder to check your expiration dates. Mine is for 2/23.
Even though I renewed 5 or 6 months ago, mine still shows a 2011 expiration date.
The more law-abiding people that have guns, the better off we are," Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said. "Because the bad guys always have guns, You look at these school shootings or church shootings, the ones that have been stopped, it was because someone there had a gun."
Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Newcomer »

If you mean in your user profile, you can change that yourself
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

OhioPaints wrote:
Newcomer wrote:Just renewed my membership in OFCC. Just a reminder to check your expiration dates. Mine is for 2/23.
Even though I renewed 5 or 6 months ago, mine still shows a 2011 expiration date.
I got an email saying their working on it and that the renewal will start from the day they get it input and not the day your actually paid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life Member NRA
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:
OhioPaints wrote:
I got an email saying their working on it and that the renewal will start from the day they get it input and not the day your actually paid.
What is the normal time frame for this? I finally joined via Paypal (and got confirmation from them yesterday). No rush on my part but was wondering how long I should wait before I contacted anyone. I realize it's a volunteer staff and thus is not instantenous, but was just curious as to the normal duration. Are the coins still available?
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

dcludwig wrote:
pleasantguywhopacks wrote: I got an email saying their working on it and that the renewal will start from the day they get it input and not the day your actually paid.
What is the normal time frame for this? I finally joined via Paypal (and got confirmation from them yesterday). No rush on my part but was wondering how long I should wait before I contacted anyone. I realize it's a volunteer staff and thus is not instantenous, but was just curious as to the normal duration. Are the coins still available?
Not sure..I just know Jeff G emailed me about this a few weeks back. For me its 4 months but mine is a renewal and I'm not waiting on anything except a challenge coin of which I already have one of the first from the original patron offering.
Life Member NRA