Gun Sales

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mdad

Gun Sales

Post by mdad »

Just an observation.

Last evening i went to Gander Mountian to pick up a couple clip extensions
for my new Glock, had to wait a good 20 to 30 min to get waited on, because of people buying handguns, what really got my attention was an older couple buying a 9mm and 200 rounds of ammo.Seems something has woke up the older crowd also as i can't remember the last time i saw someone in there 70's or older buying a gun, and since they were getting 200 rounds it's kind of obvious there signing up for training. :shock:

Anyone know the law on Open carry @ handgun in Holster on belt
NOT Concealed?

just curious
Hermangotshisguns
Illegal Duplicate User

Post by Hermangotshisguns »

i'd like to know this answer myself.
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

Open carry is permitted in Ohio provided you are not otherwise in violation of any federal law, state law, or local ordinance.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
Hermangotshisguns
Illegal Duplicate User

Post by Hermangotshisguns »

Cable wrote:Open carry is permitted in Ohio provided you are not otherwise in violation of any federal law, state law, or local ordinance.
How would this change if we rcvd pre-emption? (I hope I spelled that right) Wouldn't that wipe the local ordinances so it would be easier to open carry??
mdad

Post by mdad »

I guess the question then comes up,In a Holster in plain sight
sitting in a car, would that be open carry or concealed?
If i understand you correctly it's ok to open carry in the states
assuming that your leagally allowed to own a weapon and not in a restricted location, Is that Accurate?
Thanks
Spuckrod

Open carry in an automobile

Post by Spuckrod »

I also have a question that I hope someone can answer. My question is: does an in the pocket hoslter stuck in your belt qualify as a holstered open carry in an car? Thanks in advance.
P.S. I am over 70 and have been shooting since I was 9 years old.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Re: Open carry in an automobile

Post by Petrovich »

Spuckrod wrote:I also have a question that I hope someone can answer. My question is: does an in the pocket hoslter stuck in your belt qualify as a holstered open carry in an car? Thanks in advance.
P.S. I am over 70 and have been shooting since I was 9 years old.
I was wondering the same thing myself. I use a pocket holster frequently.

Without taking the time to look right this minute I think there's a wording in there about it being attached to your person.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Ive been to the Twinsburgh one many many times and have actually seen many older people buying handgun ammo and filling out paperwork for said firearm.

I was going to open carry one time but they have that sign that says "leave all firearms at the service desk" or whatever. That probably doesnt apply to me carrying, and only to weapons being brought in for trade or anything else. But I wasnt in the mood to push my luck, so I kept it concealed.
Life is precious, Got Sig?
Sig P250 Compact .40s&w
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Cable wrote:Open carry is permitted in Ohio provided you are not otherwise in violation of any federal law, state law, or local ordinance.
And provided you don't mind having several law enforcement officers screwing their own handguns into your ear while you are spread-eagled on the pavement and cuffed... :(

That is to say: various law enforcement agencies may have differing views about the legality of open carry.
Just because it's legal doesn't mean they're going to let you do it... :?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Spuckrod

Post by Spuckrod »

I have carried for a long time. :twisted: Always when I was hunting in the old day when there were still some country around here. The only open carry that I have done is in the car. It really irritates me because I have to keep shifting from my belt to my pocket. I have a wimp in the general assembly so it does me no good to write him so I have written to others who support the CCW and hopefully will have the law changed to concealed carry in the car. That way I might not shoot myself cause I handle the piece when I am angry.