Anyone watchong what's going on in N.O.?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forcing citizens from their homes and searching them

Poll ended at Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:52 pm

It's OK, you're just being paranoid. Feds are your friend.
No votes
It's a necessary precaution, grandma might be packin'
9%
You're spider senses are correct - it's a sign of things to come.
91%

Total votes: 22

Ursus americanus
*** Banned ***

Anyone watchong what's going on in N.O.?

Post by Ursus americanus »

I'm sitting in DFW airport waiting for flight (warning there's a lot of Longhorn fans coming to Columbus) anyway, I'm watching cable news and they're searching all of the people they're forcing from their homes. Does anyone else find this absolutely preposterous? They actually showed them searching women and kids.

Is it just me or is this scary to anyone else? Forcing citizens from their private homes and searching them.

I need duct tape to wrap my head because it's gonna explode!!!

can I say explode in an airport?

G
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Anyone watchong what's going on in N.O.?

Post by TunnelRat »

Ursus americanus wrote:I

can I say explode in an airport?
Not unless you want a federal agent for your proctologist... :?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Johnny45

Post by Johnny45 »

Was martial law declared? If not then how can they legally do this? What an atrocity to disarm citizens when they need protection the most. :x
If there is nothing in your life worth dying for, then there must be nothing in your life worth living for.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

This is definately messed up.

So much of this kind of crap reminds me of my Navy days. Rather than go to the EFFORT of figuring out who the {inappropriate language} is it's EASIER to punish everyone.

Seriously...our society is rife with this sort of thing. We don't punish the turds for being jerks....we punish EVERYONE as if they are jerks. It's easier to treat everyone the same, I guess, than to go to the trouble of picking out the rotten ones.

That was the same crap I encountered in the Navy and only ONE reason I told that outfit to go to hell.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

That is strange! At the noon NO press conferance they said no one was being force'd to leave their homes?
Linda

Re: Anyone watchong what's going on in N.O.?

Post by Linda »

Ursus americanus wrote: they're searching all of the people they're forcing from their homes. Does anyone else find this absolutely preposterous? They actually showed them searching women and kids.

Is it just me or is this scary to anyone else? Forcing citizens from their private homes and searching them.

I need duct tape to wrap my head because it's gonna explode!!!

This situation sickens me and makes me extremely angry! :evil: These people have been thru hell and back in the past 2 weeks, but they and their homes survived, and now they're forcing them to leave. I find it absolutely detestable and makes me feel like that area is being taken over by the communist party! Will they march these poor souls off to the gas chambers next? It seems pretty Un-American to me. And don't even get me started on this situation of unarming these people! That just flat out pi$$es me off!!!!!

I want to borrow your roll of duct tape for my head too! :?

There have been a lot of comments in various threads on this forum, degrading the people(now feel free to degrade their mayor) and land of New Orleans. Personally, Nawlins has been a favorite vacation destination for us, with 4 trips there in a 10 year span. We've had a lot of fun and enjoyed the culture of the area, and it is pretty upsetting to see what has come of the area. Yes, it was built below sea level (someone's brilliant idea), but it has been a city for a few hundred years now. Worked out fine until 2 weeks ago! :cry: I hope that they can rebuild. At least the French(bummer it's called "French") Quarter was spared.

About that duct tape, make it 2 rolls! :roll:
"Women must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself."
Susan B. Anthony~July 1871
Hermangotshisguns
Illegal Duplicate User

Post by Hermangotshisguns »

I'm with grandma
Ursus americanus
*** Banned ***

Post by Ursus americanus »

Cruiser wrote:That is strange! At the noon NO press conferance they said no one was being force'd to leave their homes?
Well, on CNN at 6:30 (7:30 EDT) they showed video of them forcing an older woman (70+) from her home and she was obviously resisting. They also showed video of them physically searching (frisking) others as they passed through a processing facility.

I thought about how I had just been searched as I entered the airport. All of this searching is desensitizing citizens to the process; wouldn't you agree?

We allow our selves to be searched at airports - sports arenas and now when forced from our own homes and private property.

I am so absolutely fed up and sick of the federal law enforcement (and the locals who permit it) in this country. It is getting to where our law enforcement (no offense to LEO's present), but it's getting to where our law enforcement is becoming a lot like the Gestapo.

"Papers please, show me your papers, please"
Thomas Jefferson wrote: " ...what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that his people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
Linda

Post by Linda »

Ursus americanus wrote:
forcing an older woman (70+) from her home and she was obviously resisting. They also showed video of them physically searching (frisking) others as they passed through a processing facility.

Kinda like leading cattle to the slaughter house???? Very sad situation for these people. :cry: "Processing facility"=slaughter house! It made me think about that when they all went to the super dome, they were herding them up! A herd of humans.....,
"Women must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself."
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Linda wrote:Kinda like leading cattle to the slaughter house????
More like leading Jews to the showers...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Linda

Post by Linda »

tommcnaughton wrote:
:evil: ABSOLUTELY! :evil:

And about the unarming of these people...,as our friend Charlton Heston once said....,"when they pry my cold dead fingers........,"
speedy

forcing people out

Post by speedy »

it is a bunch of bull {inappropriate language}
MICHAEL BARRETT
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Linda wrote:
tommcnaughton wrote:
:evil: ABSOLUTELY! :evil:

And about the unarming of these people...,as our friend Charlton Heston once said....,"when they pry my cold dead fingers........,"
He didn't say it once....he said it a bunch... :D
SFC Stu

Post by SFC Stu »

Every person who owns a firearm, needs to write, call or email their Congress Critter! Tell them that this BS needs to end NOW! SFC Stu
SFC Stu
Illuminaughty
*** Banned ***

Post by Illuminaughty »

I was actually thinking about volunteering down there...

Until I realized only national gaurd is allowed in the city, period.

See how many transports and rations were turned away by FEMA?