Thoughts on waco

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Thoughts on waco

Post by Petrovich »

There's little to disprove that david koresh was a megalomaniacal sheethead. He prolly was boinking little girls. He prolly was in violation of federal laws concerning firearms. My guess is that he was a big jerk.

So....why didn't the feds arrest his sorry butt?????

Why did they wait until he was holed up in a building with a bunch of women and children to make their move?

Why did the ATF act so incredibly stupid???

I still see those images of a bunch of morons in body armor, climbing a ladder to the second story and getting their freegin' asses shot off. What a bunch of dipsticks.

Then they get all {inappropriate language} off and start blazing away at anything that moves...and these are the people who are supposed to be regulating firearms????
THE BIG HAMMER

Post by THE BIG HAMMER »

Well all you have to do is realize who the attorney general & president were. Janet Reno & slick willie. Two anti-gun nuts.
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
OFCC MEMBER, NWTF MEMBER,
PHEASANTS FOREVER MEMBER
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

THE BIG HAMMER wrote:Well all you have to do is realize who the attorney general & president were. Janet Reno & slick willie. Two anti-gun nuts.
And consider that the ATF specializes in taking easy targets -- generally prosecuting [persecuting!] paperwork errors of law-abiding citizens -- rather than having to cope with serious gun runners.

Besides, they needed a big-time bust to boost their credibility so they could get increased funding.
The ATF are dangerous, anti-gun cowboys. They represent the worst possible example of federal police. So naturally the left loves them...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

THE BIG HAMMER wrote:Well all you have to do is realize who the attorney general & president were. Janet Reno & slick willie. Two anti-gun nuts.
Yeah, ain't that a no crapper.

Slick weenie and dogface.....almost makes me wish hitlery for president......NOT!!!! :shock:
jmwildenthal

More information

Post by jmwildenthal »

I would recommend combing through this website before coming to any conclusions:

http://www.hardylaw.net/waco.html

Mr. Hardy has spent a great deal of time and money using FOIA to get materials about the raid.

Movies of the officers prepping; a helicopter making a pass.

Pictures of the officers prepping; ATF withdrawing;

Tapes from the same helicopter; tapes of the radio traffic; tapes of the Davidians calling 911;

Excerpts of the testimony on crucial points (did the ATF fire the first shots [at dogs]).

And that's just the ATF assault. It gets worse when you read about the FBI's Final Solution. And that skips how they killed a Branch Davidian who was trying to return and left his body out for several days.

There is one graphic picture of childrens' corpses.

There is a list of evidence of what happened (films, radio traffic recordings, etc.) that the FBI and ATF have never released, even to Congressional investigators.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

petroforgov wrote:
There's little to disprove that david koresh was a megalomaniacal sheethead. He prolly was boinking little girls. He prolly was in violation of federal laws concerning firearms. My guess is that he was a big jerk.
I really hope that was grim humor. :roll:
I encourage anyone interested in the Waco massacre to go to:
www.waco93.com and order a copy of the film: Waco-Rules of Engagement.
IMHO, this was a sad day for America. The rodham/clinton/reno administration waged war on small (definatly on the fringe) Christian church. :cry: :evil:
Is YOUR church BATFE approved?

Best Reguards.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

The FBI never found any baned guns and the local social services never found any evidence of child molestation. But thats just what I heard.
Never Have So Many Owed So Much To So Few.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Wayne wrote:The FBI never found any baned guns and the local social services never found any evidence of child molestation. But thats just what I heard.
The documentary I watched provided witness testimony that he had a harem going on there. Not all of them were 18 years old, either. Supposedly he though it was his duty to add as much of his influence to the gene pool as possible. As for the weapons, they had images of burned up guns and in one picture there was definately a M60.

The guy was 100% kook.
meeksja

Post by meeksja »

David Koresh was weird, but when does that allow the government to do what the ATF did? I've watched several different documentaries on the subject, watched the hearings, listened to interviews and still find it odd that when the local gun shop owner received a phone call from the ATF asking questions about Koresh the ATF did not agree to speak directly to Koresh even when the shop owner told them he was there and listening. Secondly, Koresh left the compound regularly, why didn't the ATF use one of these trips as the opportune time to arrest him without causing a confrontation. The FBI, ATF, state and local police often wait for a subject to leave their location to facilitate an arrest without problems. With Koresh it seems they did the opposite just to create problems.

Even if I look on the other side of the issue and say Koresh was a really bad guy and needed to be taken out, why take all his followers down too? Why didn't the government show up with an arrest warrant and when he didn't agree to come out peaceable just wait until they ran out of food and water or agree to come out by himself? Isn't that what hostage negotiators are for and isn't that the normal process?
Redhorse

Post by Redhorse »

Every single weapon they had on that compound was 100% legal. Including registered class III destructive devices and some Barrett 82-A1's.

From what I have read, no one was there against their will. Who are we to say they were wrong?

Child molestation sounds to me like a good PR story for damage control in case $h!t went bad (don't know if it happened or not, TJMO).

He may have been a kook with a bunch of kooks following him...but many soldiers have died to give them that right to be kooks.

It saddens me to see just how fragile our rights really are. We can have them...until someone doesn't agree with our politics or religion, and decides to take them away.

This is my life...I only get one...I should be free to ruin it if I want.
Freedom isn't free!
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Petrofergov wrote:The guy was 100% kook.
Absolutely, without question. Nonetheless, there's no law against that. In fact, it's even protected in the BoR - or is supposed to be, at least...
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Petrofergov wrote:

The documentary I watched provided witness testimony that he had a harem going on there. Not all of them were 18 years old, either. Supposedly he though it was his duty to add as much of his influence to the gene pool as possible. As for the weapons, they had images of burned up guns and in one picture there was definately a M60.

The guy was 100% kook.
I would advise you to seriously consider the source of your documentary. Most everything the government did leading up to, during and after Waco would fall under the headings "atrocious" and "criminal". I'm not going to bother going into any sources, as this is all old ground. It was a disgusting period in our country's history, and I pray we never go in that direction again.
Trust me: the info is out there and the days have long passed when we're going to get any semblance of truth from the TV'd media on this subject.
Blip!