San Francisco Disarmament Plan...?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

San Francisco Disarmament Plan...?

Post by TunnelRat »

Proposition H seeks to prohibit law-abiding San Francisco residents from purchasing firearms—rifles, shotguns and handguns— for any lawful reason, whether it be for self-defense, hunting or recreational shooting. If Proposition H passes, current law-abiding gun owners would have to surrender their registered handguns to the police.

Handguns not turned in voluntarily will become contraband, to be found and collected by the police, law enforcement officers who will be diverted from their jobs of apprehending violent criminals.
http://www.stopsanfranban.com/

San Francisco and Chicago are on the same page.... :?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

You would think someone could come up with oh say maybe 10 simple rules to live by that cover everything in life and that would be it.
haspelbein

Post by haspelbein »

San Francisco has proposed a ban several times, and each time it was struck down by the state. I considered moving from the East Bay into San Francisco a couple of years ago, but the proposed gun ban is only the tip of the iceberg of red tape in that city.

Did you know that San Francisco has a law that tells you how often you have to change your dog's water? Recently San Francisco also started shipping some of its homeless to Ohio. :roll:

The odd thing is: There are plenty of gun owners in California, and the ranges around San Francisco are top-notch, well organized, and absolutely gorgeous. I still have to find a place in Ohio for shooting rifles that is quite as nice.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"
Scott

Post by Scott »

Willy P wrote:You would think someone could come up with oh say maybe 10 simple rules to live by that cover everything in life and that would be it.
Hey, yeah! I think I saw that idea in a movie or sumpin'. They'd have to be simple, even though they're hard to follow--ya gotta wanna follow 'em.
Blip!