Concealed Carry for Wisconsin...?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Concealed Carry for Wisconsin...?

Post by TunnelRat »

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel wrote:The argument for concealed carry, of course, is self-defense - the notion that people carrying these weapons will deter crime either because they will take out the bad guys or that the bad guys won't commit violent crimes for fear that their victims might be armed. Both are dubious claims. Unless a person has years of training, practice and experience in dealing with criminals, it is just as likely that guns will be taken away and used against their owners or used carelessly by them, endangering the innocent. And a suspicion that a victim is armed may result less in deterrence than in criminals shooting first and checking for weapons - to steal - later.

We await details of a bill to determine what other flaws might be present but are certain that the first would be such legislation's existence in the first place.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/editorials ... rmat=print

The article tends to take a dim view of concealed carry... :?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Hermangotshisguns
Illegal Duplicate User

Post by Hermangotshisguns »

Wisconsin needs this bill as well as Illinois needs one. Life would be so much easier for them if they got it
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

I can never figure those Yupers out. As many folks that hunt up that way and they are worried about CCing? I'll ad my two cents on IL getting CC. I want to see IL, IO, and NB get it and recip. with OH so I can make my way to Wyoming without all the CRAP I have to go through when I take a trip there.
Ursus americanus
*** Banned ***

Post by Ursus americanus »

Willy P wrote:I can never figure those Yupers out. As many folks that hunt up that way and they are worried about CCing? I'll ad my two cents on IL getting CC. I want to see IL, IO, and NB get it and recip. with OH so I can make my way to Wyoming without all the CRAP I have to go through when I take a trip there.
IL = Illinois
IO = Iowa? IA
NB = New Brunswick? Canada? :wink:

:P :P :P :P
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Ursus americanus wrote: IL = Illinois
IO = Iowa? IA
NB = New Brunswick? Canada?
North Boston... 8)
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

Who says the Post Office is the only one that can assign abreviations? :twisted: Mine were right in MY mind :D New Boston is near Portsmouth so I can carry there it NeBraska I want a permit in. In know the Post orfice says it's NE, who made them Mr. Webster? :D I WAS ON A ROLL AND DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO BE CORRECT 8)
JamesL

Post by JamesL »

Lets make it simple... The following should have concealed carry:

USA :P
America
God blessed it
Guns Freed it
Heroes died for it

Never Forget!