Article on Foxnews about Katrina

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

toddhill

Article on Foxnews about Katrina

Post by toddhill »

I hate these idiots.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168487,00.html
"They didn't have any place to go," she wrote. "They are the poor, black and white, who dwell in any city in great numbers; and they did what they felt they could do — they huddled together in the strongest houses they could find. There was no way to up and leave and check into the nearest Ramada Inn."
What does "poor, black and white" have to do with anything? If someone say's "get out", I get out, NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

If I have to stand in my front yard and scream "HELP" until someone driving by picks me, then that is what I'll do.

I agree with OldManTod -Run Forest, Run! or go out and "borrow" an inflatable raft, swimmies, swim ring, or a BIKE!

Did anyone think about building a raft out of the misc. pieces of debris floating about?

Sheesh!

If you ask me, the Gov't isn't at fault for not being there quick enough. The liberal social program idiots who have pushed the Government into everyone's lives and pretty much bred-out any sort of survival instinct is.

I also heard that people have found 2-3 day old puppies swimming around in that muck. It's amazing how our little four legged friends can make it through, but our "poor, black and white" cannot.
gd9704

Post by gd9704 »

If you ask me, the Gov't isn't at fault for not being there quick enough. The liberal social program idiots who have pushed the Government into everyone's lives and pretty much bred-out any sort of survival instinct is.
So true.

I too am disappointed with Fox's news coverage. I expected them to have less of the "who's to blame" coverage.

I caught exactly 30 seconds of 20/20 over the weekend, and it was so "this is all the Bush administration's fault" that I couldn't stand to watch a second more......

The demanding "refugees" have really rubbed me the wrong way. There's so much expectation from these folks that the government should take care of their every need--you know, the President should have been passing out crowned rack of lamb to these folks DURING the hurricane..........
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

I'm with you guys on this one.

I think it's PATHETIC the way the refugees have behaved in many ways. Notably the looting and the criticisms toward the government, particularly President Bush.

I knew from the beginning this would turn into a racial issue because everytime something bad happens to a black person it's a white person's fault.

I'm sick of it.

I could say A LOT MORE but it would just be edited out...and probably rightfully so.
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

Well, if this isn't enough to prove to people that the government isn't your daddy, I don't know what it will take.
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
BEAR!

P4G

Post by BEAR! »

P4G; The more I read your posts the more I agree............scary aint it? :lol:
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

The demanding "refugees" have really rubbed me the wrong way. There's so much expectation from these folks that the government should take care of their every need--you know, the President should have been passing out crowned rack of lamb to these folks DURING the hurricane..........
Maybe for the better, but do you realize that the "refugees" and homeless will probably profit from Katrina! Regardless of race.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Re: P4G

Post by Petrovich »

BEAR! wrote:P4G; The more I read your posts the more I agree............scary aint it? :lol:
Here's my next prediction.

Remember how the families of 9/11 victims received monetary 'compensation' from the government?

I still ain't figured that one out.
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

Remember how the families of 9/11 victims received monetary 'compensation' from the government?
Yeah, I do. The message involved here: Those 3000 people are somewhat more valuable to this country than the rest. What the hell did they even bother paying life insurance for?
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
toddhill

Re: P4G

Post by toddhill »

Petrofergov wrote:
BEAR! wrote:P4G; The more I read your posts the more I agree............scary aint it? :lol:
Here's my next prediction.

I still ain't figured that one out.
Ye ask and ye shall recieve...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_repo ... 3306c.html

First comes the probe, next comes the lawsuits :!:

The problem is that the people filing the lawsuits are going to be the ones that we have been supporting for decades.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Glock and Dagger wrote:
Well, if this isn't enough to prove to people that the government isn't your daddy, I don't know what it will take.
Well said. I'm watching closly, and taking mental notes, on how the inhabitants of a large urban area act (and don't act) during a crises.
What makes this disaster different, is that is was predicted. Not just 5 days in advance, but years in advance. I've read that The people in New Orleans knew that "the big one " was coming, just not when. After several near misses, they thought it would never come.
Wecome to reality.
Complaints about aid should all be directed to City of New Orleans Mayor's office, or to the Govenor of Louisianna.
I REFUSE to donate to any recovery fund. I'm already paying for the stupidity of building a big city on a drained swamp, threw my tax dollars.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
toddhill

Post by toddhill »

...threw my tax dollars
Nice pun.
Ursus americanus
*** Banned ***

Post by Ursus americanus »

JU-87 wrote:Well said. I'm watching closly, and taking mental notes, on how the inhabitants of a large urban area act (and don't act) during a crises.
What makes this disaster different, is that is was predicted. Not just 5 days in advance, but years in advance. I've read that The people in New Orleans knew that "the big one " was coming, just not when. After several near misses, they thought it would never come.
Wecome to reality.
What about the predicted "Big One" coming in California? Experts have been predicting a large earthquake coming in California for sometime... can you imagine the impact to our nation and economy if it would hit now. Where wold we put all of those people. It's difficult to get people out before it hits if you don't know when it will hit.

JU-87 wrote:I REFUSE to donate to any recovery fund. I'm already paying for the stupidity of building a big city on a drained swamp, threw my tax dollars.
I must agree on this as well. I don't understand how we can expect the government to bail us out when things like this occur. It should be up to te individual whether to donate and support others in time of need. All the government does is create a huge bureaucracy hen they try. I'm also tired of all of the people in the news complaining the government isn't doing enough to "help them out".

I'm sick and tired of this whole "somebody owes me" society.

**end rant**