OFCC Organizational Dispute

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Terry Wolf

OFCC Organizational Dispute

Post by Terry Wolf »

Folks: It has been almost a month since an opaque mention of a dispute within this organization was posted in this forum.

This subject is being discussed very openly on the national level "Glock Talk" forum.

I respectfully suggest it is well past time the current leadership of OFCC very candidly, openly and honestly inform the membership fully concerning this dispute.

--Terry
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

My life experiences have taught me that the best way to avoid speculation, hearsay, rumors and misinformation is to keep people regularly informed. Human tendency is to fill in the blanks with imagination.

Heck, even when you DO provide timely information there's a percentage who STILL won't get it.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

I don't have a clue what "caused" the rift, nor why there has been no informative commentary from either side.

All I know is that the whole matter, such as PRO not working with (or so I was told) OFCC in getting HB12 or the like passed, is unbelievably damaging to RKBA in Ohio. Who was is that said "If we don't hang together, surely we'll hang seperately"?

I'm just sick about it, and this "we're not talking publically cause we're trying to resolve things" sounds rather hollow. I'm sure Toby Hoover is pleased at the turn of events.

BB62
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
jmwildenthal

What I heard a month ago

Post by jmwildenthal »

I'll take the chance on wrath.

I was told that the BF group wishes to broaden the agenda past CCH, while the OFCC wishes to remain tightly focused. Some of the BF people were/are active in the OFCC.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

...I was told that the BF group wishes to broaden the agenda past CCH, while the OFCC wishes to remain tightly focused...
That makes perfect sense, but (what appears to be) childish and counterproductive behavior is nothing but a gift to Toby and her ilk.

BB62
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

jmwildenthal

Maybe

Post by jmwildenthal »

BB62 wrote:
...I was told that the BF group wishes to broaden the agenda past CCH, while the OFCC wishes to remain tightly focused...
That makes perfect sense, but (what appears to be) childish and counterproductive behavior is nothing but a gift to Toby and her ilk.
BB62
I think that if half or more of your organization "abandoned" you, leaving the organization without the staffing to continue what it had been doing, you might be righteously hacked. OFCC has only recently (last week or so) started keeping up with the news stories.

There are advantages to a rifle. And there are advantages to a sawed-off shotgun. I figure that's what the two groups are going to be.
BB62

Re: Maybe

Post by BB62 »

jmwildenthal wrote:I think that if half or more of your organization "abandoned" you, leaving the organization without the staffing to continue what it had been doing, you might be righteously hacked. OFCC has only recently (last week or so) started keeping up with the news stories.
A couple of thoughts - I have no idea what happened (how the "parting" went), or what precipitated it. Since you have characterized it a particular way, and if you do know, it would sure be nice to hear more about it.

As far as being "righteously hacked", being upset is one thing, but to basically say "we don't know those people..." I think is ridiculous and, as I said, makes people like Ms. Hoover very happy.

I wish both sides would talk to one another and recognize that continued silence just hurts "us".

BB62

Got Freedom?

Hermangotshisguns
Illegal Duplicate User

Post by Hermangotshisguns »

THE SAD PART FROM WHAT I HAVE READ ON HERE IS THAT NO ONE WILL TELL ANYONE ANYTHING.
jmwildenthal

Re: "Abandoned"

Post by jmwildenthal »

BB62 wrote:A couple of thoughts - I have no idea what happened (how the "parting" went), or what precipitated it. Since you have characterized it a particular way, and if you do know, it would sure be nice to hear more about it.
I don't really know much, other than it sounded like it was a surprise to the (remaining) OFCC staff. My impression is that the people involved with operating BF did not continue with their work operating the OFCC. But I don't know if that was the decision of the OFCC or the individuals involved. Either is possible.
appliance brad

Post by appliance brad »

Having been part of a firearms rights organization in MI that got torn apart in a similar manner, I would urge both sides to sit down and hammer out the problems. Right now, that organization has been assessed $7,000 in legal fees for failing to comply with the court's directive and is accumulating fines at the rate of $100 per day for every day they are out of compliance.

Volunteers and activists have been lost, influence in the legislature has been diminished and money has been wasted on legal fees.

I don't know a darn thing about the rift in OFCC other than I certainly hope that all parties involved sit down and resolve the problem ASAP.
Alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives should be a 24/7 convenience store, not a government agency.

www.firearmsalliance.org
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Da#&nation, Brad - that is shocking and absolutely crushingly disturbing.

I have yet to write a note to both sides, but your post just tears me up.

Wait a sec - I think I just heard Toby saying "Groovy, baby!!"

BB62

Got Freedom?

toddhill

Post by toddhill »

I'm suprised this thread has lasted as long as it has. It has been the opinion of the "owners" of this forum that posts related to B*A and O**C are to be deleted. Personal messages concerning this have also not been allowed (yes, they can read your PM's).

Anyhow,
If anyone would like an explanation as to some of the goings-on between the groups, feel free to e-mail me. I will be brief and tell you what I know.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Breath freshener for people who eat limburger cheese, garlic and sardine sandwiches.
appliance brad

Post by appliance brad »

BB62 wrote:Da#&nation, Brad - that is shocking and absolutely crushingly disturbing.

I have yet to write a note to both sides, but your post just tears me up.

Wait a sec - I think I just heard Toby saying "Groovy, baby!!"

BB62
That's it, the Anti's win whenever these tiffs occur in hunting or gun rights circles.

When I first heard about the rift in OFCC, I was just as disturbed because I've witnessed the results first hand. I don't know the circumstances or reasons for what's going on with the tweo groups involved but again I urge all the parties to resolve their differences and get back to fighting for gun rights. As a friend of mine says "face towards the enemy".
Alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives should be a 24/7 convenience store, not a government agency.

www.firearmsalliance.org
toddhill

Post by toddhill »

Petrofergov wrote:Image

Breath freshener for people who eat limburger cheese, garlic and sardine sandwiches.
Posts for people with nothing better to do.