The last paragraph from "A National Disgrace" (Ric

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

The last paragraph from "A National Disgrace" (Ric

Post by TunnelRat »

http://www.nationalreview.com/script/pr ... 021258.asp

"New Orleans has provided a corrosive lesson about government. At all levels, government is overbearing and nagging, paying for people’s prescription drugs and telling us whether we can smoke in restaurants or not. But when it comes to its most elemental task of maintaining order and protecting property, it might not be up to the task when it is needed most.

Keep that in mind and buy a gun, just in case.
"
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

There is more wisdom packed in those three short sentences than I've seen in quite some time. It also sums up very well why I lean so heavily toward the Libertarian party. (Can't join - there are a couple fundamental issues that are definite "show-stoppers" for me.)

Actually, it sort of paraphrases the apostle Paul - "That which government should not do, it does; that which it should do, it does not."
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

NavyChief wrote:There is more wisdom packed in those three short sentences than I've seen in quite some time. It also sums up very well why I lean so heavily toward the Libertarian party. (Can't join - there are a couple fundamental issues that are definite "show-stoppers" for me.)
The principles of libertarianism are close to my own views: socially liberal, but fiscally conservative. Unfortunately, the organized Libertarian Party -- much like the Democratic Party -- is run by loonies and nutballs. I can't join either. :?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.