Start walking Forrest!! RRRUUUNN Forrest!!

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Hermangotshisguns wrote:I would have used common sense and walked out. That is for sure.
Not so fast....

You're at home. It's yer castle. It has everything in it you cherish...not the least of which is mommy and the kids.

Somebody tells you a heckuva storm is brewing and your best bet is to leave.

Where you gonna go and....who's gonna watch yer stuff?

I can EASILY understand a person's reluctance to leave their home. It goes against a very basic human response to threat. Do not abandon your fort and stick to your guns no matter what. I'm not sayingi it's logical...I'm just saying that's the way it is.
Regulator2

Post by Regulator2 »

Here is an even better one...why they didn't use the school buses to get the people out

Thursday, Sept. 8, 2005 11:38 a.m. EDT
Ray Nagin: School Buses Not Good Enough

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin garnered a ton of publicity with a profanity-laced interview he gave to WWL radio last Thursday, where he blasted President Bush and Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco for not coming to rescue his city in time.

However, Nagin's most newsworthy comments - where he explained why he didn't use hundreds of city school buses to evacuate his city's flood victims - went almost unnoticed.

Turns out, Nagin turned his nose up at the yellow buses, demanding more comfortable Greyhound coaches instead.
"I need 500 buses, man," he told WWL. "One of the briefings we had they were talking about getting, you know, public school bus drivers to come down here and bus people out of here."

Nagin described his response:

"I'm like - you've got to be kidding me. This is a natural disaster. Get every doggone Greyhound bus line in the country and get their asses moving to New Orleans."

While Nagin was waiting for his Greyhound fleet, Katrina's floodwaters swamped his school buses, rendering them unusable.

nice thinking Mayor Nagin...tell the 10 - 15000 dead that when they come to haunt you...but I guess you have to have a concious to be haunted
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on thier behalf --George Orwell

Regulator 2
518th Gun Truck Co, OIF Vet
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

Petrofergov wrote:
Regulator2 wrote:What kills me is you hear that these people had no transportation...
what about all those cars covered in water....
They musta had flooded engines....
I wouldn't have expected any less comment from you :)

t
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

Regulator2 wrote:Here is an even better one...why they didn't use the school buses to get the people out

Thursday, Sept. 8, 2005 11:38 a.m. EDT
Ray Nagin: School Buses Not Good Enough

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin garnered a ton of publicity with a profanity-laced interview he gave to WWL radio last Thursday, where he blasted President Bush and Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco for not coming to rescue his city in time.

However, Nagin's most newsworthy comments - where he explained why he didn't use hundreds of city school buses to evacuate his city's flood victims - went almost unnoticed.

Turns out, Nagin turned his nose up at the yellow buses, demanding more comfortable Greyhound coaches instead.
"I need 500 buses, man," he told WWL. "One of the briefings we had they were talking about getting, you know, public school bus drivers to come down here and bus people out of here."

Nagin described his response:

"I'm like - you've got to be kidding me. This is a natural disaster. Get every doggone Greyhound bus line in the country and get their asses moving to New Orleans."

While Nagin was waiting for his Greyhound fleet, Katrina's floodwaters swamped his school buses, rendering them unusable.

nice thinking Mayor Nagin...tell the 10 - 15000 dead that when they come to haunt you...but I guess you have to have a concious to be haunted
But you know the worse thing about it, when it comes time for election (and it is taking all I can to remove the ebonics from this statement) "vote for Nagin, he turned down sufficient transportation in favor of the velvet lined greyhound buses, who else would have done that, he is a mayor for the people. See, this is how it happend, "the man" sent yellow school buses for us, now you guys know we don't roll like that, I mean, they don't even have headrests for my fro, and the mayor was like "oooohhh no you didn't, you didn't just say you were going to send school buses, un-uh, homie don't play that... You see, he is a mayor for the people"...

And for those of you who are old school SNL, ala Hanz and Franz I offer "listen to me now, hear me later and believe me when it happens, he will be elected for being a mayor for the fo' real people".

T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean