Beware the New Cry for Gun Control Measures

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Regulator2

Beware the New Cry for Gun Control Measures

Post by Regulator2 »

In the face of the New Orleans Crisis, and the rest of the Gulf Coast and the idiots down there running around like animals with stolen guns...looting anything that isn't bolted down and then some

I am awaiting the new upheaval in the news saying
"well if we didn't have all these guns this wouldn't be happening"
"we need to seize all guns to prevent this in the future"....

why don't we get Columbus City Council's viewpoint....maybe Mr Mentel would ban all guns and say that it is for the best for everyone, or get some lawyer from California to write his opinion for him

if people there had weapons and could defend themselves and their property this wouldn't be happening...

sorry guys had to vent...this is making me sick....

and the sicker thought is

I MAY have to go there to deal with these idiots exploiting the situation and contain myself in a professional matter... but that is my duty
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on thier behalf --George Orwell

Regulator 2
518th Gun Truck Co, OIF Vet
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Beware the New Cry for Gun Control Measures

Post by TunnelRat »

Regulator2 wrote:if people there had weapons and could defend themselves and their property this wouldn't be happening...
I have to agree with the Regulator. The problem isn't firearms. It's that, under our current system of laws and social mores, some people have 'em and some people don't. Like in Bosnia, the problem wasn't so much that one side had guns, as that the other side didn't and were getting slaughthered.

Of course, in Looosiana pretty much anyone without a felony record can get a firearm. So the problem there is more social than legal.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Repeat after me: Gun control is not about guns, it's about control.

(If total gov't control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?)
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
JamesL

Post by JamesL »

This whole thing makes me sick too. Its a mob mentality!. If they have the energy to loot, rape, rob and carjack... they should have enough energy to help their neighbors, the sick and the elderly!

I did see a great picture today. It was a man standing outside his house or store with a sign "Looters will be shot on sight". Funny that he was being left alone isnt it?

Regulator2, be carefull if you go. Thanks for your service.
America
God blessed it
Guns Freed it
Heroes died for it

Never Forget!
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

I haven't heard anyone call forth the Militia to suppress civil unrest, yet. That being said, apparently, the problem is someone else (The Governor, say?)
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
Regulator2

Post by Regulator2 »

Still waiting on the Governa to make that call....

and remember it's her decision...least that what she says
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on thier behalf --George Orwell

Regulator 2
518th Gun Truck Co, OIF Vet
Hermangotshisguns
Illegal Duplicate User

Post by Hermangotshisguns »

NavyChief wrote:Repeat after me: Gun control is not about guns, it's about control.

(If total gov't control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?)
THIS IS WHY IF JOHN MCCAIN RUNS FOR PREZ WE WILL ALL NEED TO SUPPORT HIM...OTHERWISE WE WILL END UP WITH HILLARY!
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

hermangotshisguns wrote:
THIS IS WHY IF JOHN MCCAIN RUNS FOR PREZ WE WILL ALL NEED TO SUPPORT HIM...OTHERWISE WE WILL END UP WITH HILLARY!
I think we all respect Sen. McCain's military record, but if memory serves, he is NO champion of the 2A! Besides, he is certainly an enemy of the 1A reguarding the McCain-Fienglod act. This law infringed on our 1A rights. GOA calls this the" incumbent protection act."
IMHO, John McCain is a RINO, but hillary rodham is a Marxist.
Given this theoretical choice, I'll vote Libertarian! I don't vote for the "lesser of two evils" anymore.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
ghiapaul

Post by ghiapaul »

Sen. McCain's military record also has some holes in it. I always thought he was a hero to be looked up to, but after last years election, I read things about him that appalled me. He and John Kerry are made of the same thing as far as I can see. Do a search at Swiftvets.com for some eyeopening info