Do you need an education to be a reporter?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Willy P

Do you need an education to be a reporter?

Post by Willy P »

I know you all have seen these idiots out in the hurricane. Can you believe the nuts? My personal favorite was the one in the yellow slicker hunkered behind a trash thingy and knowing he screwed up and might get hurt. These are the rocket scientists that are allowed to have OUR names and addresses when we get a CHL. That one instance on film should get that clause thrown out of the CCW law. I know it won't and I know I'm preaching to the choir but man how can someone be so stupid?
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Willy -
I'm pretty sure it's an FCC regulation or something that every TV station and each network supplies at least one reporter to stand out in the middle of natural disasters while they are occurring. And they have to stay out there until at least one of them almost gets killed by flying debris or somesuch - then they're all allowed to take shelter.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

We get them out here when the County is snowed under by a blizzard. They park at the head of my street near an office and the generator on the truck wakes me up at 3 in the morning when I'm debating if things at work are so bad I need to risk it and go in for at least a while and try and make sure enough equipment is running to pay for the lights to be on. They shine lights in you eyes and ask if you know that it is too bad to be out and your not to be on the road unless you are needed badly some place. I always like to tell them something exploded at the plant and I need to cut the power off and then ask why they are out of Columbus and shouldn't they go back where they came from. Sadly Melissa Marsh is never with them :( she is as cute as a button! Yes the wife knows I have a crush on her :)
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

I once had a TV chick come out and film me scraping snow and ice off my windshield in November! She kept acting like the weather was so terrible. I finally asked her what she planned to do when winter finally arrived more than a month later. :roll:

She was from London, England and didn't have a clue what the Midwestern Winter had in store for her. 8)

None of my pithy comments were considered clever enough for TV, so they just showed a clip of me on the 11:00 news, scraping my windshield while the British TV chick did a voice-over. :?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

No Background Check required!
Harlie

Post by Harlie »

Thomas Lee Dillon had a degree in Journalism from OSU, so quite possibly a degree isn't a guarantee of results, heh? He was convicted of multi- murders, arsons in SE Ohio. He also wrote a letter to the mother of one victim that was published in newspapers.
Keep a keen mind, eye and edge.
INFIDEL, armed, angry and unapolegetic
Ole man from Thunder Mtn
Politicians & diapers should be changed often, both for the same reason
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Harlie wrote:Thomas Lee Dillon had a degree in Journalism from OSU, so quite possibly a degree isn't a guarantee of results, heh? He was convicted of multi- murders, arsons in SE Ohio. He also wrote a letter to the mother of one victim that was published in newspapers.
So was he a good reporter or not...? :?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

He's a punk sitting in a cell crying about the fact he is afraid of what the inmates are going to do to him. I know it for a fact! I hate the SOB for making me watch my back for an entire fall.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Re: Do you need an education to be a reporter?

Post by Petrovich »

Willy P wrote:I know you all have seen these idiots out in the hurricane. Can you believe the nuts? My personal favorite was the one in the yellow slicker hunkered behind a trash thingy and knowing he screwed up and might get hurt. These are the rocket scientists that are allowed to have OUR names and addresses when we get a CHL. That one instance on film should get that clause thrown out of the CCW law. I know it won't and I know I'm preaching to the choir but man how can someone be so stupid?
Don't git yer onions in a bunch there dubya pee.

You got a dipstick in yer car doncha?????
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

P4G I'm not really upset over them that much it is just that they tend to take US to task over little crap that I can't help but point at the village idiots when they do the truely stupid things they do. When I look back over my post about Dillon it looks pretty harsh but the feelings he gave me for the time he was on the loose near where I hunt were pretty harsh too.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

More on their amazing insight... (Heard this from one of the nitwits covering the damage in New Orleans.)

"As long as the levees are breached the water level is going to continue to rise."

Wow! Who'da thunk it?
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.