CCCP

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

CCCP

Post by TunnelRat »

I was shopping in the Kroger store tonight, when I saw a kid in his 20's wearing a bright red T-shirt. I noticed on the back of the neck portion there was a hammer and sickle. So I moved around to the front and there, big as life, was a picture of Vladimir Lenin with the CCCP and some Russian writing.

At first I was struck dumb that someone would wear a T-shirt like that, knowing what we now know about the Communists and the nearly 100 million people that they murdered (and that's not even counting those who were killed in wars!). However, I quickly regained my composure (training works!). I confronted the kid, looked him in the eye and told him with a smile: "I have shot and killed men wearing that symbol".

It was a friendly enough greeting and not at all threatening, but you could tell he was a bit nonplussed...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Mnemesyne

Post by Mnemesyne »

welcome to the world of Hot Topic and other stores making retro clothes...I've been seeing more and more things recently that are quite disturbing.....You'd think they'd have had a bit more education to realize the horrors the person depicted on their shirt represented.....

But most of the kids nowadays were too young to remember or even care about the cold war.....I still remember the drills we had in the event an atomic war ever broke out...oh, then add in the fun of having the Perry Plant next door o.O that lead for some interesting times.....

I'm only 30 and I feel like I grew up in a separate world sometimes....
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Just a kid with nothing in his head (yet, hopefully) but MTV and that watered down history the pawn off in public schools.

It was good he met someone like you.....I'm sure you left an impression. :D

I recall being exceptionally stupid when I was a kid. I turned out ok.....I think. :roll: Nothing a few hard knocks didn't fix.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Mnemesyne wrote:welcome to the world of Hot Topic and other stores making retro clothes...I've been seeing more and more things recently that are quite disturbing.....You'd think they'd have had a bit more education to realize the horrors the person depicted on their shirt represented.....

But most of the kids nowadays were too young to remember or even care about the cold war.....I still remember the drills we had in the event an atomic war ever broke out...oh, then add in the fun of having the Perry Plant next door o.O that lead for some interesting times.....

I'm only 30 and I feel like I grew up in a separate world sometimes....
Don't take this the wrong way.

In 1993 you were 18 or thereabouts. We officially 'tore down' the Berlin wall in 1987..... You missed the cold war by just a few years dude!!! :D

You didn't miss much....easiest war I ever fought... 8)
Scott

Re: CCCP

Post by Scott »

tommcnaughton wrote:At first I was struck dumb that someone would wear a T-shirt like that, knowing what we now know about the Communists and the nearly 100 million people that they murdered (and that's not even counting those who were killed in wars!). However, I quickly regained my composure (training works!). I confronted the kid, looked him in the eye and told him with a smile: "I have shot and killed men wearing that symbol".
Same thing should go for those idiots who wear the Che Gueverra tees

I much prefer this one:
Blip!
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

Think back a month P4G:

"Don't take this the wrong way.

In 1993 you were 18 or thereabouts. We officially 'tore down' the Berlin wall in 1987..... You missed the cold war by just a few years dude!!!

You didn't miss much....easiest war I ever fought"

Hey MNE, did anybody ever tell you this board was just full of old cranky guys??

I got 5 years on you MNE and I think we are still in the minority>

Carry on (and stay off my lawn!!).

T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

OldManTod wrote:

Hey MNE, did anybody ever tell you this board was just full of old cranky guys??

T
You ain't seen nothin' yet....wait till I'm 57!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

CRANKY OLD DUDES MY BUTT WHO SAID YOU COULD CALL TOM CRANKY? HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THOSE THAT ARE TOO OLD TO HAVE GOTTEN DIRTY WHEN THEY WERE KIDS CAUSE GOD HADN'T MADE IT YET!! CRANKY. ...... I'LL SHOW YOU CRANKY! :D Sorry I get excited after I have my afternoon Geritol.
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

Willy P wrote:CRANKY OLD DUDES MY BUTT WHO SAID YOU COULD CALL TOM CRANKY? HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THOSE THAT ARE TOO OLD TO HAVE GOTTEN DIRTY WHEN THEY WERE KIDS CAUSE GOD HADN'T MADE IT YET!! CRANKY. ...... I'LL SHOW YOU CRANKY! :D Sorry I get excited after I have my afternoon Geritol.
You forgot the part about the d@mn kids staying off your lawn..!!

T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
Mnemesyne

Post by Mnemesyne »

In 1993 you were 18 or thereabouts. We officially 'tore down' the Berlin wall in 1987..... You missed the cold war by just a few years dude!!!
FYI, the Cold War went from 1947 to the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991...So yes, I did live through part of it :twisted: I still remember how excited everyone was when Carter signed SALT 2...heh

Out of curiosity how many of you remember the earthquake in NE Ohio from 1986? You know...the 5.0 one caused by ICI Americas injecting brine into their one well that was on a supposedly inactive fault line...If I recall correctly, that earthquake is the reason the #2 reactor at Perry never went online....

Oh and I'm not a dude, I'm a dudette :lol:
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

Dude you should see those kids in the yard. Remember I'm an electrician. I let them on the grass and make them give me their lunch money to let them off the grass. :D Now we all know I'm joking. Right??
Mnemesyne

Post by Mnemesyne »

Hey, that sounds like a good idea...perhaps I can get these drunks that keep wandering through the yard on their way to and from the bar to pay a pass fee *giggle*

Just kidding...although it is annoying to have drunks stumble through your yard at 3am and the LEO's won't touch em :roll:
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

If you have a bush or tree near there you could try a fence charger and a little wire mesh insulated from the ground. We used to dare each other to pee on an electric fence. It'll make you SMART.
Colt45

Post by Colt45 »

Jeez guys, it's just a T-shirt. Maybe the kid just likes the way it looked. Or maybe he just wanted to "freak out the squares". It's like the punk rockers in the '70s wearing Nazi accessories. It's got nothing to do with politics.

I have a black T-shirt with a big red star on it and I'm complete free market capitalist. But I have an appreciation for authoritarian iconography and design. Sure, the Nazis were complete bastards and wrong in so many ways, but damn did they look sharp.

Besides, what's the difference between that and flying the confederate flag?
Colt 45...it works every time
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Mnemesyne wrote:
FYI, the Cold War went from 1947 to the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991...So yes, I did live through part of it :twisted: I still remember how excited everyone was when Carter signed SALT 2...heh

Out of curiosity how many of you remember the earthquake in NE Ohio from 1986? You know...the 5.0 one caused by ICI Americas injecting brine into their one well that was on a supposedly inactive fault line...If I recall correctly, that earthquake is the reason the #2 reactor at Perry never went online....

Oh and I'm not a dude, I'm a dudette :lol:
OKAY DUDETTE.....

Hey, I jumped into the fray (cold war) a bit late myself.

Welcome to the cold war Warrior's club.... :shock: