China ! ! !

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AmericanGunner

China ! ! !

Post by AmericanGunner »

IMO China is our worst and most dangerous enemy.
http://government.zdnet.com/?p=1665
uperrsc

Post by uperrsc »

No doubt about it, when the [edited: language -- TR] with China, this whole deal with AlQueda, Iraq, and Afghanistan will seem like a minor scuffle.
Scott Perrine
NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator
NRA Recruiter
OH 16th Congressional District
scottrperrine@gmail.com
AmericanGunner

Post by AmericanGunner »

uperrsc wrote:No doubt about it, when the [expletive deleted -- TR] with China, this whole deal with AlQueda, Iraq, and Afghanistan will seem like a minor scuffle.
Agreed.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Some predict that the US and China will not necessarily become enemies.
AmericanGunner

Post by AmericanGunner »

Petrofergov wrote:Some predict that the US and China will not necessarily become enemies.

How so?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

While I believe China poses a threat to our country, I have no reason to think that it is grave or imminent. We are the largest market in the world,with out us they would be nothing.No I think that the greatest threat to our country lies within our government , in the do gooders who have no moral standing,in the bureaucrats who do not have the backbone to stem the tide of illegal immigration into this country. Let us not forget the ACLU types who wring their hands at the mere mention of profiling the bad guys,never mind that eighty year old grand mothers hardly ever bring bombs on airplanes.We must be vigilant our enemies are many,China may be one of them, but I do not think they are the greatest one.
Never Have So Many Owed So Much To So Few.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

China and the former USSR were always cozy....seems like that hasn't changed since the fall of communism. China and Russia are still quite cozy.

I don't necessarily perceive them as a threat, though. Militarily either one by itself would be a formidible foe; but I don't see us mixin' it any time soon.
Regulator2

Book

Post by Regulator2 »

You guys need to read

Unrestricted Warfare: China's Master Plan to Destroy America
By: Qiao Liang, Wang Xiangsui

you can find it on Amazon.com

makes you think, and they are doing wargames with Russia
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on thier behalf --George Orwell

Regulator 2
518th Gun Truck Co, OIF Vet
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Petrofergov wrote:China and the former USSR were always cozy....seems like that hasn't changed since the fall of communism. China and Russia are still quite cozy.
Actually, one of the things that worked in our favor during the prolonged Cold War was that Russia and China did not get along and did not trust each other. Both kept significant portions of their armies stationed along their mutual border.
Petrofergov wrote:I don't necessarily perceive them as a threat, though. Militarily either one by itself would be a formidible foe; but I don't see us mixin' it any time soon.
Russia is no longer the threat that it once was. Its economy is in a shambles and its military is in near total disrepair. Not only could we beat them handily, but they know we could. I do not envision any sort of military confrontation with Russia -- at least not until they are able to put their house in order.

I would hope that the threat of Muzzie terrorists may long put off the day we have to reckon with China. I have some friends who predict this sort of thing (they are the guys who put out the annual list of who's fighting who). It is their consideration that China is desperate for oil (like we're gonna be shortly!), and that may spark a conflict with us over the Sprately Islands in the Philippines within the next ten years.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

If we would stop buying the crap they make they would'nt need any oil :)
Never Have So Many Owed So Much To So Few.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Wayne wrote:If we would stop buying the crap they make they would'nt need any oil :)
I was in mainland China a coupla years ago. They have unleashed a tremendous capitalist machine! Every day they start another several thousand new businesses. Yet American kids are content to flip hamburgers.

I suspect the confrontation with China will be mainly economic and not military. Unfortunately, though we can win the military confrontation, I dunno about the economic one... :?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Regulator2

Post by Regulator2 »

Again I suggest you guys read this book

Unrestricted Warfare: China's Master Plan to Destroy America
By: Qiao Liang, Wang Xiangsui

you can find it on Amazon.com

this is a translated book from China, it goes into a very in depth description of how they plan to bring the US down....

I am not one of those paranoid people that think that everyone is out to get us...but I do believe there is a strategy behind China's actions
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on thier behalf --George Orwell

Regulator 2
518th Gun Truck Co, OIF Vet