Has Pat Robertson Lost his mind?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

the right wing zealot wrote:...it seems the media and the left get a pass when they do something dumb, but conservatives get whacked repeatedly and relentlessly over any verbal transgression they may commit.
Of course Pat Robertson has committed a double transgression :roll: : he is both a conservative and a christian...

There are many who would like to see him burnt at the stake.
Good and free thinking Christians can agree or disagree with Pat Robertson. But he can speak his mind as far as I am concerned, whether I agree or not.
Yup, I gotta stand with you on that.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
motorhome

Pat is right!!!

Post by motorhome »

Pat is so right on this. When other countries are killing US citizens this seams to be ok with the far left. But let one statement in doing away with a commie dictator and evey one wants to jump the guys bones.
Are not the people that kill the unborn, killers.
I would vote for Pat Robertson for President. I know that he would not take any ---- from any one.
He would tell the French we would close all our bases over there and no more federal aid.
He would tell the Germans the same thing.
Keep our bases here open and protect our borders.
Pat Robertson is more qualified then any one I can see in Washington.
You can flame me now.
uperrsc

Post by uperrsc »

Petrofergov wrote:Robertson is an embarrassment to the American right, and the Christian Faith.

We look at extremist islamic clerics and denounce them for advocating violence. What he did is no different. We're supposed to be better than that.
You are way way off base comparing PR to an Islamic cleric. Don't forget that the man PR was wishing we off is a communist - the guys who torture folks who believe in God until they "see the light". Maybe PR should have been more tempered in his wording, but he is 100% correct in his assessment of the situation. Remember, being Christian doesn't mean that we have to accept EVIL and only worship PEACE. Robertson would probably love the Venezualan leader all the while believing he is following scripture to work for his removal (and I would feel the same way).

Sort of reminds me of all the people who were so fast to jump on the US Military when they thought we may have flushed a "Holy" Koran down the pooper. I don't hear anyone all up in arms with the fact that it is official policy that all Christian Bibles are shred if they are discovered by Saudi Arabian border guards. Just another example of holding America and Americans to a higher standard than the rest of the inhabitants of this planet.
Scott Perrine
NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator
NRA Recruiter
OH 16th Congressional District
scottrperrine@gmail.com
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

uperrsc wrote:
Petrofergov wrote:Robertson is an embarrassment to the American right, and the Christian Faith.

We look at extremist islamic clerics and denounce them for advocating violence. What he did is no different. We're supposed to be better than that.
You are way way off base comparing PR to an Islamic cleric. Don't forget that the man PR was wishing we off is a communist - the guys who torture folks who believe in God until they "see the light". Maybe PR should have been more tempered in his wording, but he is 100% correct in his assessment of the situation. Remember, being Christian doesn't mean that we have to accept EVIL and only worship PEACE. Robertson would probably love the Venezualan leader all the while believing he is following scripture to work for his removal (and I would feel the same way).

Sort of reminds me of all the people who were so fast to jump on the US Military when they thought we may have flushed a "Holy" Koran down the pooper. I don't hear anyone all up in arms with the fact that it is official policy that all Christian Bibles are shred if they are discovered by Saudi Arabian border guards. Just another example of holding America and Americans to a higher standard than the rest of the inhabitants of this planet.
Maybe I was a bit harsh. After reading all these posts I have a different perspective.

I'll go with the camp that says he shoulda used a little more sense; but he was essentially right.

What we should bear in mind, however, is that the islamic religion is rife with assasination. If yer wife sleeps with another guy she dies. If you write a book slamming islam you die. If you are a female, islamic news reporter who rejects traditional woman's islamic roles you die. Seems like the answer to most insults to a muslim is to kill someone.

We are better than they are. They are uncivilized barbarians, living in the darkness of muhammadism. Islam is a lie; and they know it.

We are Christians, saved by Grace, light and truth. We hold ourselves to an entirely different standard; and we are measured by an entirely different yardstick than muslims.

Publically calling for the assasination of a political leader is the kind of venom that filthy trash in the middle east spews. It is not appropriate for an American, Christian leader.

Christians should NEVER sink to the level of muslims.
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

and what really torches me is:

"What we should bear in mind, however, is that the islamic religion is rife with assasination. If yer wife sleeps with another guy she dies. If you write a book slamming islam you die. If you are a female, islamic news reporter who rejects traditional woman's islamic roles you die. Seems like the answer to most insults to a muslim is to kill someone."

Yet there is some dame camping down there in Texas who wants us to pull out of the middle east.

Perhaps she doesn't realize how females are handled over there??

T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Petrofergov wrote:Publically calling for the assasination of a political leader is the kind of venom that filthy trash in the middle east spews. It is not appropriate for an American, Christian leader.

Well, I think this is the crux of it. Islamofacist clerics do indeed spew forth venom and whip their followers into a frenzy, much as Hitler did at his rallies. They tend to appeal to emotions much more than reason. I've seen the video clip of Mr. Robertson's remarks. There was none of that. Simply a calm, rational presentation of a problem followed by a perfectly logical solution. I dunno - maybe it's just me...
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

NavyChief wrote:
Petrofergov wrote:Publically calling for the assasination of a political leader is the kind of venom that filthy trash in the middle east spews. It is not appropriate for an American, Christian leader.

Well, I think this is the crux of it. Islamofacist clerics do indeed spew forth venom and whip their followers into a frenzy, much as Hitler did at his rallies. They tend to appeal to emotions much more than reason. I've seen the video clip of Mr. Robertson's remarks. There was none of that. Simply a calm, rational presentation of a problem followed by a perfectly logical solution. I dunno - maybe it's just me...
Well, maybe he did go about it a bit better. :D
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

I've enjoyed this thead. That is really unusual for me as I really shy away from political or religious debate situations. All the different views have tempered my feelings with the whole thing. I still get miffed over his backpedaling but I understand what I see on TV and what the whole truth is can be miles apart! Little snapshots of real life suck with no lead in or follow through that isn't tied to what the media wants your evaluation of things to be. They nolonger report news they try and sell it. Hence the full weather report not being the first thing on at 11 so I can get to bed :)
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Willy P wrote:Hence the full weather report not being the first thing on at 11 so I can get to bed :)
http://www.emergencyemail.org/weatherradarWANG.asp?
This'll get you to bed early....

Just click on whatever spot you want to see.

I usually click on Indiana. That way I can see pretty much any storm that may be headed my way by daytime.

I've got a buddy on a boat in Key West right now who is using this program to keep an eye on the present hurricane that is rocking his world. :shock:
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
the right wing zealot

Post by the right wing zealot »

They nolonger report news they try and sell it.
Amen to that!
I've got a buddy on a boat in Key West right now
Tom, Any news on how he did?
'Gun control' is being able to put two bullets through the same hole.
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

Nice weather site Tom thanks but I need my daily Melissa Marsh fix on the 10 tv weather :) She can make a rain forcast seem nice. You all know I'm kidding here, really I'm not a stalker or anything :oops: HONEST!!
Redhorse

Post by Redhorse »

Jumping in with both feet here...I am so disillusioned with the intolerance "Christians" have for people of other faiths. I visit most churches and I see a group of people patting themselves on the back, reinforcing the idea that they are right and the rest of the world is wrong. We have many cultures and many faiths and everyone is convinced that theirs is "the one true path".

PR is no better than any other religious leader who calls on his followers to do EVIL. I have known people of the Islamic faith who were niether violent nor hostile toward Christians. The actions of a zealot are a direct function of the leadership in his/her faith, no matter the method.

Spirituality evolved from a human desire to answer questions that had no answers.

Religion evolved from a human desire to have power over others.

Be a good human.

Live well.

Be true to your personal beliefs...

don't appologize for them.
Freedom isn't free!
MDM

Post by MDM »

Redhorse, That post was right on.

"Has PR lost his mind ?" I didn`t know he had one to begin with. IMO anybody that wastes their time watching this wingnut and taking ANY of his advice needs their head examined.
"A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it."
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

MDM wrote:IMO anybody that wastes their time watching this wingnut and taking ANY of his advice needs their head examined.
I don't watch Pat Robertson (does he still have a TV program?). I never did, but there are many who do. There's probably not a lot of need to insult such people unnecessarily...
TunnelRat

MDM

Post by MDM »

I`m not insulting anybody..Just giving MY opinoin, which I stand by whole heartedly!!!
"A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it."