Post your media gun errors here

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Post your media gun errors here

Post by AlanM »

I'll go first:
Last night on "Bones", a federal officer made the statement that the perpetrator of a shooting had used a military issue assault weapon, a Colt AR-15.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Ranko

Re: Post your media gun errors here

Post by Ranko »

You say "errors". I hear "blatant lies".
klibben10

Post by klibben10 »

Kelly's Hero, sniper scene.

The US sniper is using a Mosin Nagant 91/30 with a PU sniper scope. While it's plausible a US infantryman could obtain a mosin, it's highly unlikely they would carry one with them. Ammo would have been nonexistant on the Western front, not to mention it would have been rather hard to obtain the rifle in the setup in the movie.

However, the true error is when it shows the camera "looking" down the sights of the scope. It shows a 4 point reticle when the PU scope is a 3 point.
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

klibben10 wrote:Kelly's Hero, sniper scene.

The US sniper is using a Mosin Nagant 91/30 with a PU sniper scope. While it's plausible a US infantryman could obtain a mosin, it's highly unlikely they would carry one with them. Ammo would have been nonexistant on the Western front, not to mention it would have been rather hard to obtain the rifle in the setup in the movie.

However, the true error is when it shows the camera "looking" down the sights of the scope. It shows a 4 point reticle when the PU scope is a 3 point.
Still better than a shot where the reticle is just the objective circle with nothing else.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

I cant recall the movies, but there is more than one, where a character "cocks the hammer" on a firearm such as a Glock, which obviously has no external, cockable, hammer.

You'd also think that 99.99% of people who carry firearms, police included, DO NOT carry a round in the chamber.
Poop!
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:You'd also think that 99.99% of people who carry firearms, police included, DO NOT carry a round in the chamber.
Thanks for reminding me.
I see this nearly every day on the lobotomy box. LEO get ready to clear a building, pull their duty weapons, sling shot their slides, and NOTHING flies out!!!
WTH?????
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
chadwimc

Post by chadwimc »

There's a guide for journalist to help identify firearms...

Except I can't get it to post...
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Can't remember the name, I believe it was one of the Sniper movies. A woman and the sniper go down to a basement , she shows him an old war rifle, he picks up this Mosin Nagant 91/30 and says these old Mauser's are really shooters!
Anyone recall this?
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Sig Shooter

Post by Sig Shooter »

On Dark Knight, one of the Gotham City PD SWAT officers has an EOTech on hs rifle that is mounted backwards. The scenes where someone draws a gun and then racks the slide always make me laugh too.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

where someone draws a gun and then racks the slide always make me laugh too.
Especially if it's a revolver! :lol: Not that I've seen that.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
BobK

Post by BobK »

Sig Shooter wrote:The scenes where someone draws a gun and then racks the slide always make me laugh too.
I've really found it laughable where the guy racked the slide twice in the same scene. For example, rack before they go through the door. Same scene, he has the (now) prisoner at gunpoint and racks it again to show he is "serious" about the interrogation. :roll:
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
mauser

Post by mauser »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:I cant recall the movies, but there is more than one, where a character "cocks the hammer" on a firearm such as a Glock, which obviously has no external, cockable, hammer.

You'd also think that 99.99% of people who carry firearms, police included, DO NOT carry a round in the chamber.
The last Bourne movie did this in the final part of the movie. Born starts with a SigPro, cut to a flashback and when they return he then has a Glock pointed at the guys head, another flashback then upon return to present, still with a gun pointed at the guy's head, he cocks the hammer on a SIG.
"a CHL license is either a "license" or a "permit," but you'd never call a CHL your "balogney pony." It's pretty far out there."
--VEX
mauser

Post by mauser »

klibben10 wrote:Kelly's Hero, sniper scene.

Ammo would have been nonexistant on the Western front, not to mention it would have been rather hard to obtain the rifle in the setup in the movie.
Not hard at all when you are filming in Yugoslavia in 1969.
"a CHL license is either a "license" or a "permit," but you'd never call a CHL your "balogney pony." It's pretty far out there."
--VEX
jdmsds

Post by jdmsds »

chadwimc wrote:There's a guide for journalist to help identify firearms...

Except I can't get it to post...
Is this it? lol

landrvrnut22

Post by landrvrnut22 »

Few days ago on CSI Miami, the shooter was using a "high power rifle". When you look at it, it is a Ruger 10/22. :roll: If you really watch any of the CSI, there are tons of firearm errors.

In fact, there is a whole website devoted to them. Lemme see if I can dig it up.