Post your media gun errors here

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Post your media gun errors here

Post by TunnelRat »

I have one with regard to racking the slide in order to show you "mean business". In the Jaynestown episode of the TV series Firefly, the bad guy is given his shotgun and he racks the slide to chamber a shell. Later, in order to show he "means business", he racks the slide again, plainly ejecting the red chambered shell...! :roll:
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Mal R

Post by Mal R »

TunnelRat wrote:I have one with regard to racking the slide in order to show you "mean business". In the Jaynestown episode of the TV series Firefly, the bad guy is given his shotgun and he racks the slide to chamber a shell. Later, in order to show he "means business", he racks the slide again, plainly ejecting the red chambered shell...! :roll:
To be fair, the series is set in the year 2517. It could be the whole combining the last surving superpower nations, people forgot common sense.
You wanna tell me how come there's a statue of you here lookin' at me like I owe him somethin'
"Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

One of my pet peeves is liberal use of "Teacup Hollywood Weaver" stance in TV and movies. This article over at Gun Nuts Media explains and sums it up well:

http://gunnuts.net/2011/02/11/gun-term-of-the-day/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
awalker19

Post by awalker19 »

Klingon00 wrote:One of my pet peeves is liberal use of "Teacup Hollywood Weaver" stance in TV and movies. This article over at Gun Nuts Media explains and sums it up well:

http://gunnuts.net/2011/02/11/gun-term-of-the-day/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I do not teacup but I do like to shoot Weaver style.
"He who does not prevent a crime, when he can, encourages it"

"quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

It's been a while since this thread has seen any activity but two 1970's reruns of Columbo on Hallmark Murders and Mysteries channel reminded me of this one.

Twice in the last few weeks I've seen suppressed revolvers used as the murder weapon on episodes of Columbo.

Years ago on "Night Court" there was an episode where someone took out a contract on Harry's life.
The hit team turned out to be a husband and wife team in their eighties.
The weapon of choice was a gun with a silencer carried in the wife's purse.
It was a revolver.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

In the movie, "Get Smart Again", Maxwell Smart sees the assailant shoot through the window from a car so he pulls his revolver and as he aims, you hear the obligatory racking of the slide. :roll:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George