Fitting end to a lackluster administration.

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Fitting end to a lackluster administration.

Post by Petrovich »

http://www.wbns10tv.com/Global/story.as ... v=LUERdRf6

Ordinarily, this kind of head hunting pee's me off. In the case of bob taxt, however, it just doesn't matter.

The guy is a mealy mouth fence rider. As governor he did nothing I can see to leave Ohio a better place than he found it.

Est la vie, bob...
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Gov. Bob Taft has been charged in Franklin County Municipal Court with four criminal misdemeanors for failing to disclose golf outings and possibly other favors.
Hey, I thought he had paid all that back with some loose coins he had lying around.... 8)
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Johnny45

Post by Johnny45 »

So maybe Taft was on the ball fighting ccw. I hear that criminals really don't like citizens armed, and it appears he has first hand knowledge. :D Image
If there is nothing in your life worth dying for, then there must be nothing in your life worth living for.
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

Yeah!! Take that!!!

Tax hike Taft has finally got a little of his own crap. Eat up, tough guy!!!
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Hey, give the guy a break....he's all for education...he got all those new schools built in Ohio...I'm payin' for a new high school, middle school and grade school as I write this.

THANKS BOB!!!
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Petrofergov wrote:Hey, give the guy a break....he's all for education...he got all those new schools built in Ohio...I'm payin' for a new high school, middle school and grade school as I write this.

THANKS BOB!!!
Easy there. The new schools going up in Toledo (I can't speak for other cities because I just don't know...) are being funded mainly by cash squozen out of tobacco companies -- not from taxes. The total construction bill here will amount to a windfall of 2/3 billion dollars to the Toledo area! In the long run that's gonna be a good thing.

Taft may be a squishy RINO jerk who has consistently opposed CCW, but the new schools thingy is not a bad idea.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

tommcnaughton wrote:
Taft may be a squishy RINO jerk who has consistently opposed CCW, but the new schools thingy is not a bad idea.
Not if yer the one payin' for them. :(
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

tommcnaughton wrote:...being funded mainly by cash squozen out of tobacco companies -- not from taxes.
Ahh, would that be the cash extorted for the sole purpose of smokers' medical cost reimbursment to the various states? No, don't bother answering that. Ohio by no means has an exclusive on that particular bit of larceny. As a matter of fact, they might not even be behaving as egregiously as many...
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Yeah, well, if you're gonna steal a coupla billion dollars, you can trickle some of it my way....
TunnelRat

uperrsc

Post by uperrsc »

How in the heck did Taft get elected.

I'm paying for several great big fancy shmancy schools in Medina right now. And even though we just passed a big levy last year, they say we are just about ready for ANOTHER ONE.

Too bad after spending and spending the school report cards just came out and our schools dropped a level. OOPS. Someone wake me up, this has to be a bad dream.........

Why do my fellow citizens keep voting to pay more and more tax.... thank you Sir, may I have another..........
Scott Perrine
NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator
NRA Recruiter
OH 16th Congressional District
scottrperrine@gmail.com
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

uperrsc wrote:How in the heck did Taft get elected.

I'm paying for several great big fancy shmancy schools in Medina right now. And even though we just passed a big levy last year, they say we are just about ready for ANOTHER ONE.

Too bad after spending and spending the school report cards just came out and our schools dropped a level. OOPS. Someone wake me up, this has to be a bad dream.........

Why do my fellow citizens keep voting to pay more and more tax.... thank you Sir, may I have another..........
It was kinda sneaky how they did it. I got nailed too...I'm paying for a high school, middle school and elementary school

Basically, it amounted to the state dangling a bunch of 'matching' dollars if the districts could hammer the property owners hard enough to vote for a bond issue.

To be honest....our schools in this district WERE in need of upgrade. What torques my crank is the fact they keep nailing property owners to do it. The state has already ruled the practice unconstitutional...and it is!!

I can take some solace in the fact both my girls will attend the new schools...AND...new schools will support the value of my property.

Now, when bob taxt makes a bid for president some day....he can say he 'saved the educational system in Ohio'....it's all for the children..right?
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

P4G,

That avatar is really freaking me out! :shock:

I think it is your best one yet.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Brian_Horton wrote:P4G,

That avatar is really freaking me out! :shock:

I think it is your best one yet.
It's amazing what you find with the google image search.
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

Aaaaggghhh!!! It's Mega Streisand!!!
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter