Pennsylvania Health Report

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Pennsylvania Health Report

Post by TunnelRat »

New report details Pennsylvania state gunfire injuries

Gunfire sent more than 4,500 people to Pennsylvania hospitals between 2001 and 2003 and killed more than 3,500 but all state residents paid a price, a new state report shows.

Seventy-two percent of those treated were uninsured or covered by Medicaid, the taxpayer-funded health benefits program for the poor, and the total charge each of those years averaged $127 million, according to the "Firearm-related Injuries" report released Thursday by the Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council and Pennsylvania Department of Health.

A first collaborative effort by the two health agencies on the subject, the report also breaks down the statistics by age, race and reason, finding most of those injured by gunfire to be young black men involved in city assaults and most gunfire deaths to represent older white folks committing suicide outside the cities.

http://www.dsf.health.state.pa.us/healt ... 4-DOH5.pdf
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I was about to inquire about actual happenings and how these results came to be, then I saw...
finding most of those injured by gunfire to be young black men involved in city assaults and most gunfire deaths to represent older white folks committing suicide outside the cities.
I thought at first that these were shooting/hunting related injuries. Glad to see I was wrong to assume.
Life is precious, Got Sig?
Sig P250 Compact .40s&w
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Re: Pennsylvania Health Report

Post by Petrovich »

tommcnaughton wrote: A first collaborative effort by the two health agencies on the subject, the report also breaks down the statistics by age, race and reason, finding most of those injured by gunfire to be young black men involved in city assaults
http://www.dsf.health.state.pa.us/healt ... 4-DOH5.pdf
It doesn't take a MENSA member to figure out that these gunfire incidents are gangbangers and dope dealers. Frankly, I don't think they should be counted in the same study as decent people.

If a gangbanger or a dope dealer shoots another one I say more power to him, and I hope he catches a pill from the other guy as well.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

tommcnaughton wrote:Seventy-two percent of those treated were uninsured or covered by Medicaid, the taxpayer-funded health benefits program for the poor...

...finding most of those injured by gunfire to be young black men involved in city assaults...
I'm sorry. I'm paying for these goblins' medical care exactly why?
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

NavyChief wrote:
tommcnaughton wrote:Seventy-two percent of those treated were uninsured or covered by Medicaid, the taxpayer-funded health benefits program for the poor...

...finding most of those injured by gunfire to be young black men involved in city assaults...
I'm sorry. I'm paying for these goblins' medical care exactly why?
Because this is America Chief, and we are still apologizing for the trangressions of our ancestors.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Petrofergov wrote:Because this is America Chief, and we are still apologizing for the trangressions of our ancestors.
Ahh. Let's see, Dad's side came over from Scotland around 1830-40 and were seldom better than dirt poor - of course, coming from the virtual fiefdom that was Scotland at the time, that was a decided step up. Mom's side came over from Germany around 1890 or so. Again, never had much, but made out better than in the old country. So just which of my ancestors, were I so inclined, am I supposed to apologize for? (Grumble-grumble-grumble...)
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

Scotish AND German? I bet it makes you really mad to spend a dime. That must be where that tax thing comes in ;-) I had to do that. Besides as far as I can find out it is looking like I have a mix of snowback Irish ( slipped across the Canadian border ) Native Am. and English and now a little Titanium thanks to the Doc.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

NavyChief wrote:
Petrofergov wrote:Because this is America Chief, and we are still apologizing for the trangressions of our ancestors.
Ahh. Let's see, Dad's side came over from Scotland around 1830-40 and were seldom better than dirt poor - of course, coming from the virtual fiefdom that was Scotland at the time, that was a decided step up. Mom's side came over from Germany around 1890 or so. Again, never had much, but made out better than in the old country. So just which of my ancestors, were I so inclined, am I supposed to apologize for? (Grumble-grumble-grumble...)
:wink: