Ohio sell or trade???

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

and face it (because I know I am not in the same boat) we all go through "phases" of ownership, for instance, while I am really digging my XD40 SC, when I bought it, it was my first.

However now that I have the XD9 SC and a few others, I would be willing to sacrifice that same firearm for like a Kahr right about now, so with local options open, there may be somebody out there (in Ohio that is) that is right now going, "man I like the XD and this Kahr has worn out it's welcome in my book" and would trade much sooner instead of letting it sit in a safe somewhere because it just isn't worth it.

The trade I spoke of before was basically that. I had a colt agent that sat in the safe because I thought I just had to have a wheel gun, well I didn't, I didn't use it all that often. The guy I got the P22 from bought it as his first gun and found that it was far from being the gun he wanted to carry, so he was looking for a little snubnose .38....

T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
H_MaN

Sell/Trade Forum

Post by H_MaN »

I vote yes for a Trade/Sell Forum. With the proper disclaimer there should be no problems for the Organization.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Sell/Trade Forum

Post by jgarvas »

H_MaN wrote:I vote yes for a Trade/Sell Forum. With the proper disclaimer there should be no problems for the Organization.
Disclaimers mean very little in the real world. Anyone can sue anyone for anything. With that said, I think we'll have an answer to this in the near future.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

I would suppose that, so long as OFCC is not the sponsor, nor a negotiator, nor a guarantor, it should have no liablity if site correspondents were to negotiate a deal. The trick may be to allow guns for sale or trade on the site, but to require all negotiations to be conducted by PM.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

charles1198 wrote:I'm all for it. Not sure of the logistics, but it sure sounds like a good idea.
I'm thinking the only way any kind of liability could arise for ofcc is if they were knowingly supporting some kind of illegal activity.
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

Remember that you can be sued for anything. If a homeowner can be sued by a burglar when he hurts himself while jumping their fence after his burglary then we could be sued if two people that are not affliated in any way with the OFCC, other than being forum members, arrange a sale via this website and then 3 years later some one is shot during a crime. The people suing us may not win, but it costs the OFCC lots of time and money to be in court.

People these days don't always sue you to win. They often will sue you to mess up your life and make you spend lots of time and money on court.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Brian_Horton wrote:People these days don't always sue you to win. They often will sue you to mess up your life and make you spend lots of time and money on court.
Yeah, point taken. Used to be the primary rule of American jurisprudence was you don't sue people who don't have any money. These days it seems the anti-gun folks sue just for spite.

Even so, it is hard to ascertain what sort of liability OFCC would have if two or more forum members corresponded to arrange a sale.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
bullet

Post by bullet »

Yep. The majority has spoken. WE NEED ONE!!............is "spoken" a word??
mattswabb

Post by mattswabb »

bullet wrote:Yep. The majority has spoken. WE NEED ONE!!............is "spoken" a word??
I agree. Most forums have some sort of for sale section. The benifit having one here is that it is so difficult for us to buy online or out of state. I rarely look at other gun forums for sale items because they are usually out of state and require such a hassle to purchase.
matt
BEAR!

For Sale Section

Post by BEAR! »

I think it would be cool to have a for sale section. I like "browsing" on Gunbroker, but I've never bought anything because it such a PITA. By the time you pay shipping and a FFL holder its about the same as retail. Its a good way to get an idea of the price of a gun though. IMHO
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
uperrsc

Post by uperrsc »

I"m definitely in favor of this idea. I hope your lawyers don't put the kabosh on it.
Scott Perrine
NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator
NRA Recruiter
OH 16th Congressional District
scottrperrine@gmail.com
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

What ever happened to this idea?
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

We're working on it! We're just spread a bit thin right now. I hope to have this finalized by the end of next week.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder