Help with all this data !

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Fish4bass

Help with all this data !

Post by Fish4bass »

Hey OFCC, this forum is great until you want to know what is NEW! Since our party-in-the park, no email updates ! We need a method to know what is recently posted. I don't have the time to look at every posting to see what I might need to know. How can I become "alerted" to what I might need to be involved in? For example, Clide issue... at the party in the park, the following Friday was important.... where is the update ?

I don't have time to "hunt" for the important news.... please add a "news Update" to the administrative section.

Regards

Bob
It's Bob
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Help with all this data !

Post by TunnelRat »

Fish4bass wrote:We need a method to know what is recently posted. I don't have the time to look at every posting to see what I might need to know...
I don't have time to "hunt" for the important news.... please add a "news Update" to the administrative section.
If you look at the top right of the Forum Index you will see:"View posts since last visit". Click that for all new posts since the last time you were signed on.

Alternatively, you may notice that some of the little bullet thingies that mark the topics are colored either white or orange. If it is white, it means you've already looked at it. If it's orange, it means somebody has added a post since you accessed that topic last.

You can find some of these instructions at the very top of the index page, and some at the very bottom.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Help with all this data !

Post by jgarvas »

Fish4bass wrote:Hey OFCC, this forum is great until you want to know what is NEW! Since our party-in-the park, no email updates ! We need a method to know what is recently posted. I don't have the time to look at every posting to see what I might need to know. How can I become "alerted" to what I might need to be involved in? For example, Clide issue... at the party in the park, the following Friday was important.... where is the update ?

Regards

Bob
Bob,

These forums were created primarily as a replacement for ccw-talk. Anything of a vital or urgent nature is still sent out via email. These forums are mainly for entertainment and discussion purposes.

We will always send out important information to ccw-alert. The picnic was announced on our primary website (OhioCCW.org) and our alert mailing list multiple times.

You can subscribe to it here:

http://www.ohioccw.org/mailman/listinfo/ccw-alert

-Jeff Garvas
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.