9MM VS. PITBULL

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

McM

Re: 9MM VS. PITBULL

Post by McM »

I'd imagine that headshotting a rabid raccoon would be a bad idea.
Not one of the " 'more-equal animals' ".

Hippies make me laugh. Bleeding hippies make me laugh REALLY HARD! -Morne
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

farblue wrote:
Jake wrote:Switch to .45 and stay alive! :P
LOL. We recently had a rabid raccoon at work (not on the payroll, and we were pretty sure that he wasn't from the safety office). We called the SO (after hours) and they dispatched a deputy - took 7 rounds of 45 to put down the raccoon.

Shot placement.
We oughta disregard the Deputy's first six shots of .45 as irrelevant if they didn't actually hit the 'coon. How far away was he for the 7th? :lol:
farblue

Post by farblue »

curmudgeon3 wrote:
farblue wrote:
Jake wrote:Switch to .45 and stay alive! :P
LOL. We recently had a rabid raccoon at work (not on the payroll, and we were pretty sure that he wasn't from the safety office). We called the SO (after hours) and they dispatched a deputy - took 7 rounds of 45 to put down the raccoon.

Shot placement.
We oughta disregard the Deputy's first six shots of .45 as irrelevant if they didn't actually hit the 'coon. How far away was he for the 7th? :lol:
He was standing maybe 10-15 feet away, from looking at the corpse it seemed that most of the shots were to the lower abdomen, and a few to the upper torso/chest area.

He was pretty surprised when he shot it twice and it just shook it off, but I'm sure the little critter was seriously brain damaged and probably didn't know that it got shot.

Interestingly enough, the deputy was shooting HP's (didn't think to ask what brand) but it seemed that all the shots were straight through with little or no expansion. No big exit wounds visible on a casual inspection of the corpse.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.
Robert A. Heinlein