ALERT! Anti gun group poses as pro-gun!

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

collin

ALERT! Anti gun group poses as pro-gun!

Post by collin »

From our friends at ar15.com:

Some of you might have recently heard of a new organization claiming to represent hunters and gun owners. As is often the case this organization builds a nice website and claims to be a friend of hunters when the reality is they are nothing more than the enemy in camouflage.

The new group calls itself the American Hunters and Shooters Association, a friendly sounding name designed to part unsuspecting hunters and shooters from their hard earned dollars. They claim to be a “rational” voice in the hunting and gun rights policy debate, implying that groups like NRA are irrational.

Everything about AHSA sounds warm and fuzzy, that is unless you take the time to look deeper into their website. Quickly you realize that they want to regulate certain calibers of guns, allow the FBI to keep records on people who buy guns and put an end to gunshows as we know them.

The most telling thing about AHSA is its leadership. A quick look at the website shows that Bob Ricker is listed as AHSA Executive Director. Hunters will remember that Ricker is a former NRA employee who switched sides and has actively worked for gun control groups for many years now. Most recently Ricker was paid by a Virginia based anti-gun group, where he lobbied to shut down gun
shows and put further restrictions on gun owners.

John Rosenthal is listed as President of the AHSA Foundation. Rosenthal is one of the founders of the Massachusetts based group Stop Handgun Violence, a group that has been a major force in passing some of the most draconian state gun laws in the nation.

With leadership like that, there is no doubt about the true goals of AHSA. They are trying to fool hunters and gun owners with a soft sell, while working behind the scenes to end the sport that we all love. I fully expect that next year we will see anti-gun Congressional candidates boasting their AHSA endorsements.

Unfortunately, some gun owners will be fooled by this rhetoric, so help us spread the word that AHSA isn’t what they claim to be.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also listed on AHSA Board is "Jody Powell, Co-Chairman, AHSA Advisory Board"

Jody Powell also served Jimmy Carter's Presidential Press Secretary and was his longtime friend and advisor even before Carter became Governor of GA.

This "gun-rights" group is nothing more than a VPC wolf in hunter's clothing. They are all about trying to undermine the NRA and split the duck-hunters away from those "radical NRA kooks".

SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THIS TROJAN HORSE "GUNRIGHTS" GROUP.
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

How about that.... The next "Amerikans for Gun 'Safety'".

Despicable....
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Is there a link to the web site, I did a search and didn't find it?
ama168

Post by ama168 »

I googled American Hunters and Shooters Association and can't find anything...? Can't find anything on AR15.com. Do you have a link?
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

ama168 wrote:I googled American Hunters and Shooters Association and can't find anything...? Can't find anything on AR15.com. Do you have a link?
So did I...no ahsa

It has to be bogus. No hunter or shooter I ever heard of would go along with that nonsense.
Slunglo

American Hunters and Shooters Association Link

Post by Slunglo »

How about this link... http://www.huntersandshooters.com/
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

From the website:

Who We Are

According to a 2003 Field & Stream National Hunting Survey, sportsmen overwhelmingly support reasonable gun safety proposals. Moreover, an overwhelming majority of hunters support proposals like background checks to purchase guns, keeping military style assault weapons off our streets and the elimination of cop killer bullets...
---------------------------------------------

Okay, I'm clear....
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

tommcnaughton wrote:From the website:

Who We Are

According to a 2003 Field & Stream National Hunting Survey, sportsmen overwhelmingly support reasonable gun safety proposals. Moreover, an overwhelming majority of hunters support proposals like background checks to purchase guns, keeping military style assault weapons off our streets and the elimination of cop killer bullets...
---------------------------------------------

Okay, I'm clear....
I'll stop at the background checks. I happen to think they are a good idea. No sense selling a gun to a felon if it can be avoided.

The other statements are nonsensical. What is "keeping military style assault weapons off the streets" and "elimination of cop killer bullets" or "reasonable gun safety proposals". Sounds like typical anti gun rhetoric that lacks specifics, and aims for an emotional response.

That's the problem with libs and dems. Everything with them is either an emotional issue, or it's about their genitals. Ever notice that?
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Petrofergov wrote:...That's the problem with libs and dems. Everything with them is either an emotional issue, or it's about their genitals. Ever notice that?
I'm not clear (seriously!) what you mean about their genitals.

PM me if you need to - I'd like to understand your meaning.

BB62
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Get a room!
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

BB62 wrote:
Petrofergov wrote:...That's the problem with libs and dems. Everything with them is either an emotional issue, or it's about their genitals. Ever notice that?
I'm not clear (seriously!) what you mean about their genitals.

PM me if you need to - I'd like to understand your meaning.

BB62
Sigh......more of my subtle humor horribly misunderstood. :(

Let's change that to 'gender issues'.
JJones

Post by JJones »

Petrofergov wrote: Sigh......more of my subtle humor horribly misunderstood. :(

Is that the swimsuit issue?
8) :lol:
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

JJones wrote:
Petrofergov wrote: Sigh......more of my subtle humor horribly misunderstood. :(

Is that the swimsuit issue?
8) :lol:
Yep, the best thing about sports is that magazine with the hot chics. :D
ballistic

ALERT! Anti-gun group poses as pro-gun!

Post by ballistic »

John Lott's website (www.johnrlott.tripod.com) has a great story today on the American Hunters and Shooters Association. The DLC (Democratic Leadership Conference) and Hillary are behind this virtual, bogus organization. Consider this a specimen of what tricks the Democrats will develop en route to 2008.
ballistic

ALERT! Anti-gun group poses as pro-gun!

Post by ballistic »

Correction: DLC stands for Democratic Leadership Council, not Conference.