Does it sound feasable to....

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Glock and dagger

Does it sound feasable to....

Post by Glock and dagger »

OK, before I get started with this thought for the day, this is a question for anyone who has the guts to open-carry, and abide by concealed carry laws while in the vehicle.

1. Without a CHL, it is not possible to open carry in a vehicle, correct?

2. With a CHL, it can be holstered, right?

3. No laws are being broken by open carry, am I right?

4. However, that probably will not stop some liberal retard from calling in a "Man with gun" complaint on a 911 line.

Conclusion: Use the CHL to carry it loaded and holstered in the vehicle. Don't bother covering up when you get out of the vehicle.

Question: Are you breaking the law by carrying a CHL AND carrying openly?

OK, keep this simple. I am aware of all the other risks involved with carrying open, so don't revisit that. I am also aware of the fact that it may not reflect well on gun owners to do so because of the "in your face" nature of it. At the same time, us gun owners and CHL holders already get our fair share of ostracism from media sources and discriminatory service-providers and business owners, so my opinion of it is that, with those two things on us already, who cares what they think. We lose that battle with those two options, and with all the businesses I see discriminating against us, apparently, boycotting them isn't working.

So let's keep it simple. Is it feasible or not. Leave the "is it wise or not" argument for another topic.[/u]
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Someone please correct me if I answer Incorrectly.

#1. Correct. This is why it makes no damn sense! It cant be seen when we dont have a License, but when we do, they make it more difficult, not easier. It might be able to be carried openly without the license, but the magazine I believe must be locked and no ammo can be near the pistol or the magazine for that matter(could be wrong on this) :( From what I remember, with any firearm being transported, they cannot be in the same vicinity. What we have always done was to keep the ammo upfront with the rifles/shotguns/pistols in back in their cases.

#2. Right

#3. Right

#4. Right, it happens often from what I hear.
Question: Are you breaking the law by carrying a CHL AND carrying openly?
Answer: I don't believe we are breaking any laws by open carrying while also have the license. I open carry at times, thru parking lots and sometimes in a store or 2. I just open carried in fedex this past weekend for the first time, and not a single person seemed to notice or care. This was in Independence by the way, On Rockside Rd. Thats the very same Fedex that had the sigh outfront a month ago, and took it down shortly after.

Doing this might have made me too brave to Im going to hold back on that, dont wanna push my luck.
Life is precious, Got Sig?
Sig P250 Compact .40s&w
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

#3. Maybe. There could be local ordinances in effect preventing carrying firearms. A CHL is supposed to trump those laws, but without one, you would still have to abide by them.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder