Party in the Park

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Johnny45

Post by Johnny45 »

Great picnic, great food, and great people. Thank you guys for all the hard work. My wife, my son, my friends and myself really enjoyed it. Good to see there are some solid pro-gun candidates out there. At least now they're on record as being pro-gun. :D
If there is nothing in your life worth dying for, then there must be nothing in your life worth living for.
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

I'm not sure of the official count. My impression was that we had more this year than last year, but not a huge amount more.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

JJones wrote:
BB62 wrote:Thanks OFCC for the Picnic! It was my first, and it was great to meet some of the faces associated with the names.

Good spot, good shelter, good food - next year we'll need even more space.

BB62
LOL!!!!!

We had two more shelters ready for more people. We had the sound system transmitting 105.1 FM for anyone who brought a radio. What more do you suggest we do, to prepare for more people?

Jacques.
There's no reason for rudeness, Jacques.

You make the incorrect assumption that I know the things you pointed out about the radio transmitting (?!), and availability of more shelters. Simply saying "We had two more shelters available for overflow" would have communicated all that was necessary to communicate.

BB62
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

BB62;
I don't think Jacques was being rude, just asking for suggestions. IMHO :D
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
Roy C

Post by Roy C »

Just to add my Thanks to all involved.

Thought it was great and I had a very good time.

Roy
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Two picnics, two raffle prize wins--already looking forward to next year!! :D
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JJones

Post by JJones »

BB62 wrote:
JJones wrote:
BB62 wrote:Thanks OFCC for the Picnic! It was my first, and it was great to meet some of the faces associated with the names.

Good spot, good shelter, good food - next year we'll need even more space.

BB62
LOL!!!!!

We had two more shelters ready for more people. We had the sound system transmitting 105.1 FM for anyone who brought a radio. What more do you suggest we do, to prepare for more people?

Jacques.
There's no reason for rudeness, Jacques.

You make the incorrect assumption that I know the things you pointed out about the radio transmitting (?!), and availability of more shelters. Simply saying "We had two more shelters available for overflow" would have communicated all that was necessary to communicate.

BB62
I am not trying to be rude. I am just amused, that since you attended, you some how thought that the three shelters, FM broadcasted sound, the shaded area behind the shelters, and the large grassy area in front of the area were not enough. When Gerard, Ken and I laid this out over a year ago, we liked the park because it provided enough room for planned and unplanned attendence, plus room to grow. We Upgraded the sound system from last year, ( we didn't even use all of the features that I had thought we would.) Plus our VP Bryan T. set up the radio broadcast, and routed the sound into Brians H.'s laptop ( with help from Jeff,) to record the audio.

IF anyone has a suggestion on how we can improve the picnic, as always we want to hear about it.

Jacques.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

JJones wrote:I am not trying to be rude. I am just amused, that since you attended, you some how thought that the three shelters, FM broadcasted sound, the shaded area behind the shelters, and the large grassy area in front of the area were not enough...

IF anyone has a suggestion on how we can improve the picnic, as always we want to hear about it.
Your approach is likely to draw LOTS of suggestions, Jacques.

When I am trying to do the same, I find it especially effective to acknowledge my lack of intent to be rude, then follow it by disparaging statements about another's lack of perception ("you some how thought..."), or agreement with my view of the world.

I know for a fact that people feel more than welcome to comment or contribute their 2 cents when I take that approach.

You are no doubt correct - people who came for the first time and didn't realize that the other shelters were OFCC's for the day, or who didn't bring a chair to sit in the woods, or a radio to listen in are just clueless!

BB62
BB62

Post by BB62 »

BEAR! wrote:BB62;
I don't think Jacques was being rude, just asking for suggestions. IMHO :D
Bear, you're right.

Saying "LOL!!!!...We had two more shelters ready for more people. We had the sound system transmitting 105.1 FM for anyone who brought a radio. What more do you suggest we do, to prepare for more people?" is clearly simply asking for input, not commenting off-handedly on one's presumed lack of perception.

One would have to go beyond the call of duty to say something like "BB62, I'm not sure I understand where you are coming from. We had x shelters, the woods, and a radio broadcast to deal with a larger crowd. Could you clarify what you meant?"

BB62
JJones

Post by JJones »

Back to the original point I am ammused and thrilled at the prospect that we would outgrow that location. I truely hope that that happens. That is the one problem that we all both dread and yet we still hope that it might happen.

Edited by Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

It's too bad we couldn't go to a state park and get one of the big conference rooms or indoor shelters if we ever needed alot more space. The law would require that we could not carry in the building.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
Linda

Post by Linda »

I think that we are all members of OFCC for one common goal..., that being to preserve and improve our right to CCW. I feel it is less than amusing if members are being condescending to each other. It is vitally important that we ALL put our best face forward, as to not give the anti's any ammunition (catch the pun)! Of course with this many people involved, there are always going to varying opinions on anything and everything, but just be respectful to each other.

And for those who like to slam someone because they spelled a word wrong....,cut it out. That's just plain rude!

That's my opinion...,and I'm stickin' to it! :!:
"Women must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself."
Susan B. Anthony~July 1871
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Linda wrote:I think that we are all members of OFCC for one common goal..., that being to preserve and improve our right to CCW. I feel it is less than amusing if members are being condescending to each other. It is vitally important that we ALL put our best face forward, as to not give the anti's any ammunition (catch the pun)! Of course with this many people involved, there are always going to varying opinions on anything and everything, but just be respectful to each other.

And for those who like to slam someone because they spelled a word wrong....,cut it out. That's just plain rude!

That's my opinion...,and I'm stickin' to it! :!:
Everyone has varying degrees of expertise with the language. Most of the posters on here are quite literate. I generally attribute most mispellings to typos. I try to type way too fast and I make errors. I'd hate for someone to think I was illiterate because of that!
Linda

Post by Linda »

Right on 'gov!!! I have to drag the old dictionary out quite often!! :idea:
"Women must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself."
Susan B. Anthony~July 1871
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Linda wrote:Right on 'gov!!! I have to drag the old dictionary out quite often!! :idea:
Heck, you don't even have to do that. Here; put this on yer list of bookmarks.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary.htm