Party in the Park

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MDM

Party in the Park

Post by MDM »

I just wanted to say thank you to all involved with the Party in the Park. I had a great time. It was well organized and ran smooth. Great food, made some new friends and discovered some new canidates to vote for. Petro gave a good speech and I think he won my vote.

Thanx again, looking forward to next year.
"A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it."
rimshotsports

I secont that!

Post by rimshotsports »

Had a great time and solidified some of my voting options. It is nice to put faces with some of the names. Had a couple of very interesting conversations with other attendees. I am impressed with the level of education concerning the Law and the feeling of unity I witnessed among members. Fine job staff! Keep up the good work. For once in my life, I feel like I am actually seeing results from the Membership Dues I pay into an organization.
-NEVER argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!
-If a man speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...IS HE STILL WRONG?
-S/A XD-40 w/pearce grip ext's - CRKT M16
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

The organizers did a great job this year. A big plus was the addition of the two Sheriff's Deputies at overtime to protect us. I felt much safer this year!
rimshotsports

Sarcasm?

Post by rimshotsports »

Can't tell. I'm sure that someone felt that this is a very volitle issue, especially that close to Columbus. They probably felt that if Toby Hoover and her gang showed up, it would be much more 'politically correct' for Law Enforcement to handle any confrontation than to allow us 'gun-toters' to handle it. I'll admit, I had mixed feelings when I saw them there, but as an ex-Chief-Of-Police, I understand their presence. I felt the day was a resounding success.
-NEVER argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!
-If a man speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...IS HE STILL WRONG?
-S/A XD-40 w/pearce grip ext's - CRKT M16
Linda

Post by Linda »

Thank you guys for making today's picnic such a great success!! We appreciate ALL the hard work and effort that you put in to it!! :D The members are grateful for your dedication to the cause!!!!
"Women must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself."
Susan B. Anthony~July 1871
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

I see you guys are all getting home now and beginning to post your comments about the picnic. I am sorry I was not able to come, but my youngest daughter is getting married next Friday and we had a houseful of people. It has been a zoo here with decorating and preparing and finishing the wedding dress (Hurry, hurry, hurry, hurry, make a dress for Cinderella....).

I am pleased to hear a good time was had by all. With any luck I will be able to join you there next year.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
glockinfairfield

Post by glockinfairfield »

This was my second year, and it was great again! Thanks to all of those who put in the work make it possible! Food was great again, and I agree with the other posters that it is good to see so many people get together to make Liberty Park the "Safest Park in Ohio"! Oh, and the prizes were excellent.
Glocks and Nikons. Is this a great country or what!?
rjostes

Had a great time

Post by rjostes »

Thanks for pulling this together. I look forward to being more involved in the future.
gkopp

Deputies

Post by gkopp »

I was told by Jeff that the deputies were there in case of anti-gun protesters.

And you're right, I would agree that it would have been better that they handle any situation than we.

Greg
Greg Kopp
OFCC Web Store Manager
https://www.ohioccw.org/catalog
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

Greg is right. The deputies were there at the OFCC's request. They were not there so the sheriff could "keep an eye on us".

I am glad that I got to meet several new people. I kind of wish that we all could have put our screen names on our name tags along with our names. (Of course I did since they are redundant)
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

FYI,

For those of you that could not attend today, we recorded all of the speeches from the various candidates on my laptop. We will edit out the dead spots and split up the speakers and then post the audio on the website or the forum in a few days.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
Daniel964

Post by Daniel964 »

That sounds great. I wanted to attend but have been at a new job for only a month. I didn't think it was time to be asking for a day off. I work every Saturday. Next year I want to attend.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Thanks OFCC for the Picnic! It was my first, and it was great to meet some of the faces associated with the names.

Good spot, good shelter, good food - next year we'll need even more space.

BB62
JJones

Post by JJones »

BB62 wrote:Thanks OFCC for the Picnic! It was my first, and it was great to meet some of the faces associated with the names.

Good spot, good shelter, good food - next year we'll need even more space.

BB62
LOL!!!!!

We had two more shelters ready for more people. We had the sound system transmitting 105.1 FM for anyone who brought a radio. What more do you suggest we do, to prepare for more people?

Jacques.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

My impression was that we had less attending this year than last year? What was the count both years?