Senate passes bill

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Johnny45

Senate passes bill

Post by Johnny45 »

One for the good guys. The senate voted today to pass the Lawful Commerce in Firearms Act. The antis are just screaming!http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050729/ap_ ... enate_guns
:D
If there is nothing in your life worth dying for, then there must be nothing in your life worth living for.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Excellent :D

question though..
The Senate also brushed aside a Kennedy amendment that would have banned hollow-tipped, so-called "cop killer" bullets.
if that would have passed, would it mean we wouldnt have access to hollow points?
Life is precious, Got Sig?
Sig P250 Compact .40s&w
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

You guys want to know what is funniest about the voting roll call? Feinswine didn't even put her 2 lincolns in to try to stop it.

What that tells me is she threw her arms up in surrender, or she is throwing a temper tantrum right about now.

Can you here us, now?!?!? Gooood!
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
uperrsc

Post by uperrsc »

Aaron wrote:if that would have passed, would it mean we wouldnt have access to hollow points?
Actually, I think most hunting cartridges would be outlawed by the Kennedy amendment, since high power will defeat the typical LEO vest.

I send our pathetic Senator DeWine an email letting him know that I would not forget his NO vote (the ONLY) republican NO vote by the way.
Scott Perrine
NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator
NRA Recruiter
OH 16th Congressional District
scottrperrine@gmail.com
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

I send our pathetic Senator DeWine an email letting him know that I would not forget his NO vote (the ONLY) republican NO vote by the way.
Actually, he wasn't the only one. Chafee from RI also did.

And actually, neither of them are Republicans... I don't care what letter falls behind their name.
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
uperrsc

Post by uperrsc »

oops, you're right..... thanks for the correction
Scott Perrine
NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator
NRA Recruiter
OH 16th Congressional District
scottrperrine@gmail.com
Johnny45

Post by Johnny45 »

Can you here us, now?!?!? Gooood!
:) I really like that!!
If there is nothing in your life worth dying for, then there must be nothing in your life worth living for.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

In the years since the gore defeat I have developed the impression that the democratic party consists of liars. Not only do they lie, they will stoop to the lowest levels to advance their agenda.

There is no compromising with those people....even when a compromise might be the best option. You cannot compromise with unscrupulous people. If you give an inch they'll take a mile. They must be fought decisively on ALL fronts and absolutely no quarter given.

If you have cancer your doctor doesn't remove half the tumor does he??? No, his goal it to remove ALL of the tumor because he knows that to cure the disease he has to be aggressive.
williampelish
*** Banned ***

Post by williampelish »

DJ Senate Hands NRA Victory, Passes Gun Liability Shield -2-

Reed said the number of lawsuits brought against the gun industry has fallen in recent years, and "there is no threat to procurement."
Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., responded to Frist's assertion that the Defense Department might have to buy firearms from foreign manufacturers.
Kennedy said "the bulk of contracts to arm our country's military and law enforcement are already held by foreign manufacturers based in Austria, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Jordan and Belgium."
For example, Austria-based Glock makes sidearms for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Drug Enforcement Agency, the New York Police Department and others.
The bill passed 65 to 31.
The bill would allow lawsuits if a gunmaker or dealer knowingly violated federal or state laws related to gun sales. Likewise, suits could also be brought for so-called reckless entrustment, such as selling a gun to a child or an obviously intoxicated person.
The bill, however, would prevent suits against gun makers and dealers for injuries resulting from a third party's criminal acts.
"This NRA-supported legislation would end reckless, predatory, and potentially bankrupting lawsuits against the gun industry filed by greedy trial lawyers and the gun-ban lobby," said Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action.
Reed said the bill would shield negligent and reckless gun dealers and makers.
For example, Reed said the bill would have blocked the lawsuits brought against Bull's Eye Shooter Supply. Bull's Eye is the Tacoma, Wash., gun dealer where snipers apparently shoplifted a three-foot-long assault rifle used to kill 10 people in Washington, D.C., in 2003.
"These are innocent victims, these are our neighbors," Reed said.
Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, countered that in the Bull's Eye case, the "gun seller was found to have violated the laws that are required to be met. I believe under our bill that those people would be able to (sue)."

-By John Godfrey, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-6601; John.Godfrey@dowjones.com

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
July 29, 2005 18:13 ET (22:13 GMT)
Copyright (c) 2005 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.- - 06 13 PM EDT 07-29-05

**Brought to you by Scottrader, a product of Scottrade Inc**
STUGOTSIG

Post by STUGOTSIG »

I send our pathetic Senator DeWine an email letting him know that I would not forget his NO vote (the ONLY) republican NO vote by the way.[/quote]
+1 I hope he realises he's just lost a re-election