any of you guys play paintball? or want to try it?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Ring

any of you guys play paintball? or want to try it?

Post by Ring »

if your in northen ohio, check this out..
http://www.paintbvillage.com/

we went here for fathers day, it was fun as hell... you can rent what you dont have..
that field is 70 yards by 40 yards
bullet

Post by bullet »

looks like a cool concept. I'll have to try it out. I live in canton and there arn't many good places to go around here. Have you ever heard of the monster game in Michigan? If not check it out at exoticsportz.com
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I play in euclid, well I used too every sunday, but ive gotten back into shooting on the weekends religiously. I actually sold the Nerve and Shocker to get a new Rem 870 and the AR15, and had change left over to deck them out.

I'll have to check out this field, looks great. The pic immediately reminded me of the Monster Game.

the monster game was just this past weekend I believe, or was it the week b4? I went 2 years in a row, but havent been there for the past 2. The best time Ive ever had with the sport, hands down. Nothing like 3 or 4,000 people in attendance.

I'll be more free in the fall so if youre xtill playing at that field, maybe I can meet you there and we can throw some paint at one another

8)
Life is precious, Got Sig?
Sig P250 Compact .40s&w
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

I play paintball infrequently. Either on family property in Georgia (my grandparents have 180 acres of woods) or when my friends and I occasionally set up game at a paintball field down here. I have a Tipman A-5. I love that cyclone feeder and it is pretty accurate too with barrel I have on it.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
medphys3

Post by medphys3 »

Interesting...

I've been thinking about this for a while, is there an age limit to who can play? I would love to do this with my son, but he's only 10. Any "father/son" type games?
Todd in Haskins

<<Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a store, not a Government Agency>>
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

No age limit. My dad has played with my brothers and I before. That was when I was in high school. He was probably 45ish. I've seen plenty of middleaged guys playing though they are far outnumbered by teenagers. It is a very fun game, I think every guy should try it at least once.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
Ring

Post by Ring »

ive seen 5th and 6th graders there.

but remember, the HURT when they hit...

if they hit bare flesh, you will bleed..

and they will leave bruses and welts..
ama168

Post by ama168 »

I used to play years ago. To darn old now but it was FUN!! :D Well maybe not to old but out of shape and lazy :wink:
qm1edw

Paint balll

Post by qm1edw »

I love playing, but find to hard to find people who want to play the style that I play, which is military tactics. Such as, fields of fire, guerrilla warfare, kill zones, one shot, one kill, go for the head shot, etc....
No offence to any ‘pro-players’ out there, but I’ve had a lot of bad run in’s with this type. Especially at home in. The ones I’ve met tend to be the military rejects, that have a grudge, against those of us in the military. They tend to talk a lot of trash, and only want to play on their terms, and never show up when challenged.
Ring

Post by Ring »

i have been playing woods ball for over 20+ years now.. i hate speedballers, i was around when that whole "sceen" came about.

if you live anyware near wooster, there is a guys who runs a privet pb field and is haveing games this sat/sun, sat is woods ball, sunday is urban attack, its INSIDE a farm house.
the local cop use it for swat training, you can use the chairs and tables and couches in the house to baracade the windows and doors.
its nuts...

this guy also runs a CCW class for 39$
Ring

Post by Ring »

its free field day there this monday the 5th.. we are getting a group to go at 3pm

go check there page for details
Last edited by Ring on Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redhorse

Post by Redhorse »

There is a group of us in Licking county. We play woods ball, and mix it up with teams, tactics, objectives, etc... There are usually several children in on some of the games ranging in age from around 10 and up. No speedball, all private property, no fee, lot's of fun. :D
Freedom isn't free!
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Re: Paint balll

Post by Petrovich »

qm1edw wrote:I love playing, but find to hard to find people who want to play the style that I play, which is military tactics. Such as, fields of fire, guerrilla warfare, kill zones, one shot, one kill, go for the head shot, etc....
No offence to any ‘pro-players’ out there, but I’ve had a lot of bad run in’s with this type. Especially at home in. The ones I’ve met tend to be the military rejects, that have a grudge, against those of us in the military. They tend to talk a lot of trash, and only want to play on their terms, and never show up when challenged.
Are you sure you're not playing baseball???