Us Ohioans don't have it all that bad

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

CMiddleton

Us Ohioans don't have it all that bad

Post by CMiddleton »

Compare Kommifornia: This was taken from the San Diego County Sheriff's Office Website...Since I am vactioning there next week, I decided to explore the area.

_______

All new applicants must demonstrate they are residents of San Diego County, have good cause and good moral character, pursuant to PC 12050. For purposes of this application, applicants must submit proof of residency in the form of two current, unpaid utility bills that list their name, service address and mailing address (or other similar type proof). Three character reference letters are required to assist in substantiating good moral character. These letters must be written by local residents and contain a local address and phone number. Letters will not be accepted from any relatives. The writer must also acknowledge he or she understands the letter is for an application for a concealed weapons permit.

Good cause is an individual issue; however, if applying for business purposes, proof that you are in actual and legitimate business will be required. Business owners must submit proof of business ownership and employees must submit a letter from their employer stating he or she approves of and accepts the liability for the employee carrying a concealed weapon while performing business duties. Valid California identification is also required.

Law Enforcement employees who are required to qualify quarterly are exempt from the requirement of the training class. Call for information on this and exemption of character reference letters.

Other verifications will be requested on an individual basis. Residence verifications, proof of good cause and proof of training class are required with subsequent (renewal) applications.

________

Hows that for jumping thru rings of fire to actually gain the means to exercise your rights!
It can be difficult to remember that your mission was to drain the swamp, when you are up to your butt in alligators.
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

You're right, we don't have it that bad. In fact, this is the subject of an article in the news edition of OFCC News, due out early next month.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

This is exactly why some of us said from day one that "SHALL issue" language was the most critical item to put into our law here in Ohio.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
jmwildenthal

Some places in California

Post by jmwildenthal »

Some places in California are effectively shall-issue. Amador County is one.

http://www.sheriff.co.amador.ca.us/gun_permits.htm
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Yes jmwildenthal, unless/until a sheriff with a more left-leaning mindset is elected in such a county. Then it could magically become as tough to get a CCW there as in San Fran.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

Show me one shall-issue state worse than us?

Even Missouri and Minnesota, with their problems, do not have the problems we do.
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Glock and dagger wrote:Show me one shall-issue state worse than us?

Even Missouri and Minnesota, with their problems, do not have the problems we do.
Our law is still new...give it time.

I have little doubt that most states had similar problems when their CC laws were new as well.