Independence Ohio gun range.

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Independence Ohio gun range.

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I don't know much about it, but there is a gun range off of Pleasant Valley rd. right behind the Heidleberg Wine warehouse. What I do know is that it is suppose to be the oldest range in the State of Ohio. And it is private. Funny that Independence would have a gun range being so anti gun with all their parks posted. Just thought if anyone out there had any more info on it ?

{moved to the appropriate forum - jeffkirchner}
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
hkuspclem40

Post by hkuspclem40 »

Carmen,

If you map Rio Nero Dr. (the street Heidelberg Distributors is on) off W. Pleasant Valley, you'll see that the Cuyahoga Valley National Park property cuts in behind the warehouse.

If you use the Google Maps Satellite option, you'll see it's heavily wooded except for the high tension line right-of-way and a lot with a few buildings on the property that could possibly be some sort of range.

Looks like you would access it off Riverview Rd. where it dead-ends north of Brookside.

I'm interested in what you find out.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

hkuspclem40 wrote:Carmen,

If you map Rio Nero Dr. (the street Heidelberg Distributors is on) off W. Pleasant Valley, you'll see that the Cuyahoga Valley National Park property cuts in behind the warehouse.

If you use the Google Maps Satellite option, you'll see it's heavily wooded except for the high tension line right-of-way and a lot with a few buildings on the property that could possibly be some sort of range.

Looks like you would access it off Riverview Rd. where it dead-ends north of Brookside.

I'm interested in what you find out.
It is there, and it is a private club. From what I hear they don't even let Independence PD use it.
Ipsilateral7

Post by Ipsilateral7 »

interesting. I can't find it on the NRA's list, but it would be nice to have one closer to home.
Newly minted NRA Certified instructor.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Ipsilateral7 wrote:interesting. I can't find it on the NRA's list, but it would be nice to have one closer to home.
From what I hear, you would stand a better chance of being elected President of the U.S. then becoming a member there.
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

I attended one of their meetings one time with a member (now deceased). I regret not joining at the time.

IIRC, Sycamore Hill Gun Club or something close to that... Maybe Sycamore Hill Rifle

The good folks over at Avtron own the land and run the club IIRC.
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Stonewall range

Post by Whirlwind06 »

Stonewall is just down 77 a bit.

http://www.stonewallrange.com/
rmarcustrucker

Post by rmarcustrucker »

stonewalls right down the street and they will take your money just fine. I-77 and Rt.82. Just miles away.
End the caliber wars. 12 gauge wins every time, just can't get one to fit in my smartcarry,yet.
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

true, but it's indoor and being the closest range to Cleveland, a very unsafe & scary environment at times.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Glock Rock wrote:true, but it's indoor and being the closest range to Cleveland, a very unsafe & scary environment at times.
I'm a member there, and I find it to be safe and no ghosts any where. :wink:
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

I go there for the BASS shoots once a month. They are busy but seem to run a nice shop.
Ipsilateral7

Post by Ipsilateral7 »

carmen fovozzo wrote: I'm a member there, and I find it to be safe and no ghosts any where. :wink:
I've not had any problem there, but some of us prefer out door ranges.

I really miss my members only gun range back in Oklahoma.
Newly minted NRA Certified instructor.
Paul_K

Post by Paul_K »

Edited - no longer relevant.
rmarcustrucker

Post by rmarcustrucker »

yeah, where is there a close outdoor range in the cuyohoga/summit area? i've missed that. did my ccw training in southern ohio on an outdoor range and it was nice, but live in Twinsburg.
End the caliber wars. 12 gauge wins every time, just can't get one to fit in my smartcarry,yet.
hkuspclem40

Post by hkuspclem40 »

rmarcustrucker wrote:yeah, where is there a close outdoor range in the cuyohoga/summit area? i've missed that. did my ccw training in southern ohio on an outdoor range and it was nice, but live in Twinsburg.
I've had good luck here-------> http://riversiderange.com/
Cuyahoga Falls

ETA: Sorry, missed "outdoor". Disregard.