Independence Ohio gun range.

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

packin'mom

Post by packin'mom »

rmarcustrucker wrote:stonewalls right down the street and they will take your money just fine. I-77 and Rt.82. Just miles away.
When I was looking for a CCW class I went to Stonewall....they were not very friendly so instead I went to Sherwin Shooting Sports in Eastlake to take my class. They were much nicer and didn't treat me like a dumb blonde.
Packin' Mom
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

packin'mom wrote:
rmarcustrucker wrote:stonewalls right down the street and they will take your money just fine. I-77 and Rt.82. Just miles away.
When I was looking for a CCW class I went to Stonewall....they were not very friendly so instead I went to Sherwin Shooting Sports in Eastlake to take my class. They were much nicer and didn't treat me like a dumb blonde.
I shoot at Stonewall coupla' times a month. You must have caught one of the attendants having a bad day (don't we all once in a while); they've always been friendly and helpful when I'm there.
packin'mom

Post by packin'mom »

curmudgeon3 wrote:
packin'mom wrote:
I shoot at Stonewall coupla' times a month. You must have caught one of the attendants having a bad day (don't we all once in a while); they've always been friendly and helpful when I'm there.
That's quite possible but you know what they say about first impressions. I haven't been back since my first visit and probably won't go back for a second visit. The folks at Sherwin have always treated me with respect so I'll drive the extra miles and shoot there.
Packin' Mom
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
Glock Rock wrote:true, but it's indoor and being the closest range to Cleveland, a very unsafe & scary environment at times.
I'm a member there, and I find it to be safe and no ghosts any where. :wink:
The last time I was there, a guy swept me with his Ruger centerfire auto, the action closed. A few minutes later, three guys yelling at each other in Serbo-Croatian started wrestling over a loaded pump shotgun.

No thanks.
deanimator

Re: Independence Ohio gun range.

Post by deanimator »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I don't know much about it, but there is a gun range off of Pleasant Valley rd. right behind the Heidleberg Wine warehouse. What I do know is that it is suppose to be the oldest range in the State of Ohio. And it is private. Funny that Independence would have a gun range being so anti gun with all their parks posted. Just thought if anyone out there had any more info on it ?

{moved to the appropriate forum - jeffkirchner}
Yeah, I believe that's Sycamore. A friend used to belong there before he moved to Seattle. It's the closest outdoor range to the general Cleveland area, of which I'm aware. It's in a deep valley. It reminds me of the old NASA-Lewis range that some a-hat in environmental health got closed after multiple attempts. It has target frames like Camp Perry or the Alliance Rifle Club (Malvern). It's a decent range if you don't want to travel out to Malvern to shoot.