Does anyone know why....

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Glock and dagger wrote:I'll second that one, PFG.
You can look at microsoft windows and the PC as examples.

It is a PC/microsoft world because bill gates had the wisdom to 'give' his design to the world.

Apple, on the other hand, (arguably a better OS) was stingy and look where it got them.....second place.

Sadly, Linux isn't as lucky as microsoft but that detracts from my argument so let's just ignore it.

Peter Pi 'gave' his .400 Corbon to the world. Now, watch and see where .400 Corbon goes. I predict great things for that cartridge. No other cartridge that I know of gets you into a completely different dimension of handloading for so little. You don't even have to buy a new gun. Brass is cheap and plentiful. Dies are readily available. It uses a bullet that is already very popular and available in all flavors. Finally, and most important, it is a magnificant performing round!! It is a recipe for success, let me tell you.

GAP can't claim any of those features. Ya gotta buy a new gun. Ya gotta buy factory ammo. Performance is not improved.......

History shows us that the cartridges that have been the most successful are either military cartridges, or ones that appeal to hand loaders....preferably both.