ofcc - Sorry but the board is temporarily unavailable, pleas

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

ofcc - Sorry but the board is temporarily unavailable, pleas

Post by Bruenor »

I've been seeing an error a lot lately, when attempting to access the ofcc forums where it says it's temporarily unavailable. The first time I figured there was maintenance going on, but it's been happening a lot over the last week or so from both home and work computers, at all times of the morning and evening. Refreshing the page a couple minutes later and it may or may not load.

Is anyone else seeing this, or is it just me ?
Sorry but the board is temporarily unavailable, please try again in a few minutes.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: ofcc - Sorry but the board is temporarily unavailable, p

Post by WY_Not »

Seeing the same thing.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Me 3.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

Same here. I'm using Chrome and tried my phone's internet browser both coming up the same.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

Let me know if this is still happening to anyone after 10:15am Eastern Monday.

I am unable to reproduce it but I did a complete OS reboot because the system looked unusually busy. Its possible this is only affecting a certain group of users due to database corruption and if that is still the case I'll shut the board down and repair the DB.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

If this post comes through, maybe you hit the right bolt with your hammer, Jeff G.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Numerous times over the past week. Once early this AM.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Yesterday late afternoon on a pc at home. This morning on a pc at work.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

It was absolutely a CPU issue. Any time it went over a threshold the forums would shut themselves down. I've never seen it do that before. What was causing the CPU to be busy was other applications other than the forums themselves.

Should be resolved.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Thanks for taking care of the issue, seems to be better now. Love those mystery processes that consume CPU cycles, always fun to track down.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

Good job thanks Jeff!!!!!
I was having same issues (temp unavailable) late last week through the w/e, i thought it's because the Browns won there 1rst game in 1 1/2yrs :lol:
All seems to be working just fine on my end now.
BOB
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Productivity spike in those work places in other companies outlying during the OFCC system break-down, maybe one of our guys could solicit them for a contibution to the cause ?