Credit check service

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Credit check service

Post by Gramps »

I am looking for an online credit check service that is good but not going charge a monthly fee, just a fee for using the service. We would only use it a few times a year.

We own about a dozen rentals and are wanting to start checking applicant's credit which we have never done. Seems like the class of possible tenants has dropped over the years and would like to know if the applicants at least pay some of their bills!

If you know of one first hand or know one a friend uses please reply.

Thanks in advance!
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Credit check service

Post by sodbuster95 »

I've just recently started renting a property and used Zillow for applications as it includes both credit and background checks. The service is free for landlords (so the price is right). Applicants submit all their info through Zillow and pay the application fee of $29. As the landlord, you then get the application, a background check, and a full credit report with FICO score. You can set it up so that anyone can apply or restrict it to "by invitation only".

As an added bonus, Zillow also will accept rent payments. Again, the service is free for landlords. Tenants can pay electronically with credit card, debit card, or ECH bank transfer. If the tenant pays with credit or debit card, there is a fee involved that the tenant pays, though I'm not sure how much (I assume whatever the discount rate is plus some nominal amount so Zillow makes some profit.) ECH transfers via Zillow are free for the tenant.

ETA: Zillow Online Rent Payments
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Thanks for the link and input sodbuster95!
I visited their site and it is not what I feel I need. I will more than likely not advertise on the net and I am not sure I would ever be comfortable having a third party collecting (taking internet payment)the rent.
All I need now is a service with the necessary permission docs to allow me to check someones credit if that is possible. We do the background check at our Police Dept for a fee paid for with the rental application fee
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Another option I looked at (but didn’t use) was Experian’s Landlord credit check service. Like Zillow, the service is free for landlords as the tenant pays the application fee ($14.95):

Landlord Credit Check

That might be closer to what you’re after.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.