Never in the Military? This is a glimpse...

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Michael

Re: Never in the Military? This is a glimpse...

Post by Michael »

I work at WPAFB. I often interact with lieutenants and captains at AFRL, and master sergeants on the flight-line. They're some of the best people I've worked with. I find them to be more humble, hand-working, and ethical than many of the civil servants.
The rifle is God's gift to the rifleman. - Fred
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

carmen fovozzo wrote:In my eyes everyone is good till proven other wise.
I remember reading, somewhere, that there is not one who is good, no not one...
There is a "Good Person Test" floating around out there....everyone I've ever seen take it, fails, quickly.

I guess it's all in the way Bill Clinton defines "good".
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
tech141

Post by tech141 »

USAF 20 years (1987 - 2007). Best decision I made in my life was walking into the OKC recruiters office and raising my hand. Brought structure and purpose into my life. It was also where I met my first three ex-wives. Looking for the fourth one now.... :D
Heavy Metal Cowboy

Life is too short to get old so quick.

The Problem is not the problem. The Problem is your attitude about the problem.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

I'm TRYING to just "walk away" from this, and agree to disagree...but I just read this:

Army lifts ban on waivers for recruits with history of some mental health issues
<link deleted--m380g>

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...maybe both? :lol: :cry:

TOS do not allow cross posting. See here. ~M380g
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Still trying to walk away...But more proof for my side of this debate. I'm really sad that I'm winning this... :(

Army Medic Charged with Raping, Killing Infant Daughter, Cops Say
16 Nov 2017
A 22-year-old man suspected of raping and using a cord to kill his 9-month-old daughter was arrested by Tennessee police Wednesday.

Christopher Paul Conway was charged with homicide and aggravated rape in the death of the toddler, the Clarksville Police Department said in a statement.

A cord was wrapped around the girls neck and was the cause of her death, police said...
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017 ... _171121.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

You are winning nothing. You are seizing on a vanishingly small percentage of service members who are bad apples. In a population as large as the military is, that is inevitable. I don't know what your purpose here is, but unless it is to make yourself look foolish you are failing.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

JustaShooter wrote:You are winning nothing. You are seizing on a vanishingly small percentage of service members who are bad apples. In a population as large as the military is, that is inevitable. I don't know what your purpose here is, but unless it is to make yourself look foolish you are failing.
I respectfully disagree.
I believe there is WAY too much military worship on this forum.
In presenting "a glimpse" of military life, I think it added some balance for members of this forum to look at.
I think people who see a member of our armed forces , and automatically assume that they are a "good person" are very naive. Now they are less so.

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

4th airman in past year accused of teen rape, impregnation

Associated Press•February 15, 2018
DOVER, Del. (AP) — A Delaware airman has been accused of raping and impregnating a teen.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports 34-year-old Staff Sgt. Byron White is the fourth airman to be accused of such a crime in the past year. He was arrested Wednesday and charged with nine counts of third-degree rape and continuous sexual abuse of a child. Court documents say the teen told police she was 13 when the abuse started. In the documents, the teen says she met White on Facebook and the relationship gradually became sexual...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/4th-airman-p ... 37982.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

And at last count there are currently almost half a million service members of the US Air force and it's reserve components, so whatever point you are trying to make is pretty thin.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Real thin..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Sneakypete
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Sneakypete »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Real thin..
Thinner than you think.
Comparing the total military, you need to make your comparison to the total U S population. Granted the military has a few bad apples, but how about Chicago and/or Detroit ?
Duty, Honor, Country.
These three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
-Gen Douglas MacArthur

You have never lived until you have almost died.
For those who have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

As a member of the civilian branch, never in the military, I never thought for a second it wasn't laced with a good amount of deviant and illegal behavior. It doesn't mean I don't stand in honor of their willingness to go into battle for me and my family, I might not let some hold my wallet or date my sister though, but that's the same as any civilian,, (who by the way aren't all civil either...)
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Thank you "Sneakypete" and "gaptrick".
gaptrick » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:40 pm

As a member of the civilian branch, never in the military, I never thought for a second it wasn't laced with a good amount of deviant and illegal behavior. It doesn't mean I don't stand in honor of their willingness to go into battle for me and my family, I might not let some hold my wallet or date my sister though, but that's the same as any civilian,, (who by the way aren't all civil either...)
Sneakypete » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:29 pm

Thinner than you think.
Comparing the total military, you need to make your comparison to the total U S population. Granted the military has a few bad apples, but how about Chicago and/or Detroit ?
I think BOTH of your comments are a great closure to this thread.