Could Piers Morgan and I actually agree?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

glocksmith

Could Piers Morgan and I actually agree?

Post by glocksmith »

Never thought I'd find myself agreeing with and having sympathy for Piers Morgan...BUT here he is defending Donald Trump and taking up a rational POV while surrounded by hostile Liberal types. Go Piers?

https://ew.com/tv/2017/02/11/jim-jeffer ... rs-morgan/
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Could Piers Morgan and I actually agree?

Post by schmieg »

He's getting a nastier response from the left than he got from the right in the past. I may disagree with him on many things, but he does have the guts to express his opinion in the face of stiff opposition.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
BuckJM53

Post by BuckJM53 »

glocksmith wrote:Never thought I'd find myself agreeing with and having sympathy for Piers Morgan...BUT here he is defending Donald Trump and taking up a rational POV while surrounded by hostile Liberal types. Go Piers?

https://ew.com/tv/2017/02/11/jim-jeffer ... rs-morgan/
There is a first time for most everything :shock:. While I doubt we will see Piers convert to conservatism any time soon, It was indeed nice to see a lib that can actually speak honestly in the face of other libs who can only spew liberal lies. Tucker Carlson had him on last evening to discuss the "encounter" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QutsspoF9rI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15" - Ronald Reagan
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

FWIW and AFAIK neither Morgan, Jeffries or Rowling are even American Citizens. What's up with that? Another thing which is interesting about the Bill Maher video is that it is a perfect example of how Liberals operate...if you can't defeat your opponent with logic, reason and facts...then simply outnumber and outvolume them so they cannot voice their opinion.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Pleasant to hear someone advocate for civil discourse.
Tough to cheer Piers, though...
I guess he doesn't remember ever having a TV program on CNN where he shouted down RKBA advocates. (I'm sure CNN wanted fireworks to drive ratings and further excuses)
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

glocksmith wrote:FWIW and AFAIK neither Morgan, Jeffries or Rowling are even American Citizens. What's up with that? Another thing which is interesting about the Bill Maher video is that it is a perfect example of how Liberals operate...if you can't defeat your opponent with logic, reason and facts...then simply outnumber and outvolume them so they cannot voice their opinion.
Our not being British citizens doesn't prevent us from criticizing British gun or immigration policy, so I have no problem with them criticizing us. I also have no problem with us telling them what they are full of, in a tactful, logical manner.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Another celebrity is taking a beating...for having the audacity to publicly voice support for the Administration. This time it's the unlikely Bono.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/u2-bono-shr ... 05467.html
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

glocksmith wrote:Another celebrity is taking a beating...for having the audacity to publicly voice support for the Administration. This time it's the unlikely Bono.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/u2-bono-shr ... 05467.html
In this case, they may have a point though, since Pence is 100% personally responsible for all of the HIV cases in Indiana. :roll: (sarcasm)