United Dairy Farmer as societal barometer

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

United Dairy Farmer as societal barometer

Post by Brian D. »

Okay bear with me, I wanted to title this so as to make people say "Huh?" and click to read my rambling here. A friend and I were discussing how annoying it can be, when out and about, to find a restroom that's open for use. As an example, once in awhile fueling up the vehicle can result in gasoline/diesel getting on your hands. Which, if not dealt with, gets on your steering wheel, clothes, etc. So, before leaving, assuming you don't carry waterless hand cleaner and such everyplace, a sink with good old soap and water is needed. We started discussing UDF as we both spend money there since it's local, generally clean, and in recent years they removed the gunbuster signs. He reported that one he uses in a pretty decent neighborhood started locking the restrooms. The manager told him it was because there had been two heroin overdoses inside a week, and about five total in the last year or so. Apparently corporate found out and told him to keep the doors unlocked. (I see both sides of the argument, to be honest.)

Some new UDF's being built in city core areas do not have public restrooms at all. But they still have gas pumps and a place to sit down to enjoy your ice cream treat. Too dang bad if your hands get gunked up with petrol or pistachio, sorry. That is a really sad example of a few numbskulls messing things up for everybody else. Makes me want to become a recluse. Or move to some magical place without these problems when I retire. I keep looking for a Shangri-La while on vacations. So far I've come close a couple times, but realized I couldn't afford to live there, certainly not as a pensioner.

I could expand this topic into a bunch of other places besides UDF, but it's ranty enough already. Feel free to continue in the general context of "What do you mean, you don't HAVE a restroom?" stories. I'll bet those of you with kids in tow have some doozies to share with the group.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: United Dairy Farmer as societal barometer

Post by Javelin Man »

They should leave the restrooms unlocked and put signs up that state "No illegal drug use".
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
someguy

Post by someguy »

I was once told at a campus area udf the bathroom was not accessible to customers due to working girls :oops:
Hyflyer

Post by Hyflyer »

Print up "No restrooms, No Money" cards? :P