44 yr project finally moving forward-not gun related

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mreising

44 yr project finally moving forward-not gun related

Post by mreising »

A project I began 44 years ago is finally moving forward. I decided to get back to working on obtaining my private pilot's license and I finally soloed yesterday. Now, if the weather will only cooperate for a couple more months, I should finish up by year's end.

It has been interesting getting back into it, . . ., now they have ailerons instead of wing warping, and these things you can talk into and other pilots hear you. :wink:
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Naticarry

Re: 44 yr project finally moving forward-not gun related

Post by Naticarry »

One day I hope to do the same as you. The last time I piloted a plane I was 13 years old. I wasn't old enough to Solo so I "took a break" and I haven't got back to it yet.
pniemeyer
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pniemeyer »

Good luck Mark!

That is something I wanted to do about 30 years ago.

Had a friend set me up with a "Discovery Flight" out of Lunken. Really enjoyed it. Started taking the ground school classes at Scarlet Oaks, in the evening. Then along came a house, wife, kids and other large expenses.

Maybe in a few years, I can get back into it. :)
NRA Benefactor Member

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Best of luck to you in this endeavor.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I love flying

Best wishes on this to you,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
mreising

Post by mreising »

. . ., and a 90 on the written. Still moving forward, albeit slowly lately.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.