It Sucks.

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Atilla

Re:

Post by Atilla »

tjeffries wrote:
Cruiser wrote:How many "cyclists" out there that used to shave their legs? :shock:
Yeh, I used to do the whole "cycling" deal. 8) I still have a drawer full of lycra to prove it.
:shock: :!: :shock: :!: :shock: :!: :shock: :!:................
Maybe back in the 70s. Now my bicycles have fenders, panniers, with a chair and stove on the rack!!!

Back to vacuums:
I found a Kirby to be just as useless as all their BBB complaints purport, thankfully it was inherited and I am trying to give the whole setup away with no takers so far. I would trade for one box of 22 stingers.

I use a Red Eureka petlovers vacuum with a Hepa filter and bag (could never deal with the bagless). The first time I vacummed over 'freshly vacuumed' carpet I filled the bag up on the first floor alone. I really like the tigerpaw attachment that get pet hair and other pet stuff off furniture. It will also suck up anything my cats decide to upchuck, mud from boots, leaves.......
C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!
pirateguy191

Re: It Sucks.

Post by pirateguy191 »

I sold Kirby's for a couple months. My MIL still has her Heritage II from 1984. I'll take your Kirby if you really want to give it away. :wink:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

We "have to" get a new vacuum every 2 years. For the last 20 years at least.

I am not impressed with vacuums.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I recommend Kirkwood's Sweeper Shop in Cincinnati for vacuum cleaners. (http://kirkwoodsweeper.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
MyWifeSaidYes
Atilla

Post by Atilla »

pirateguy191 wrote:I sold Kirby's for a couple months. My MIL still has her Heritage II from 1984. I'll take your Kirby if you really want to give it away. :wink:
Come get it!!! Seriously have 2 boxes of attachments taking up space. PM me
C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

In 1975, I had just gotten out of the Army to attend law school and we bought a house and suddenly found we needed a vacuum. We had attended Homearama and put in a chance for a free Kirby. They called and said we didn't win, but they would come out and show us one anyway. My wife drove the salesman nuts with all her questions and doubt and he sold us his commercial demonstrator model for $275. That sucker is still running and still works great. In the 90's, the motor shorted out and Kirby replaced it for free. The hose got a hole in it, but some duct tape resolved that problem. We have inherited from deceased relatives other vacuums (Panasonics, Eurekas and some others that I can't recall, mostly new or hardly used), but my wife keeps going back to the Kirby as it cleans better than everything else. Only problem with it is that it is HEAVY. I used to take it up and down the stairs for her, but, since my back went bad, she's been getting stronger every time she does the floors.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

^^^ I was one of those salesman. It really "sucked".
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

This is what I bought:
http://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-PowerGlid ... B00KR5UJKE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It works better than I expected.

And the pink color isn't as garish as I thought.

$20 coupon on Amazon. Free shipping, no sales tax up front.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
roughsawn

Re:

Post by roughsawn »

Birdman wrote:What on earth has this forum become! Macho gun guys expose of vacuum cleaners!
Well, ok then, I have an Oreck. It sucks too ya know.
Ok, I can man this post up some. Spring and fall cleaning I bring in the shop vac and do the whole house and baseboards. Her Kirby works really well, but the shop vac does better, albeit more clumsy. 8)
Working on a Sig line. So far, I have a P250, a 938, and an Ultra!

http://myreloadingbench.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BobK

Post by BobK »

evan price wrote:And the pink color isn't as garish as I thought.
Model 1305 is red. :mrgreen:
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

BobK wrote:
evan price wrote:And the pink color isn't as garish as I thought.
Model 1305 is red. :mrgreen:
Unfortunately it was out of stock so I got the model 13057 which is pink.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

I've been using a DC-41 Animal Dyson for about a year and a half now. My wife got it as a gift from her parents or I don't expect she'd have taken that plunge alone. I've replaced one seemingly-unexpected part, but overall seems to do a very thorough job.
Found an older Dyson at a resale-shop for just under a hundo - fixed up my son with that.
On a slightly different but related note, last night my wife couldn't find a broom and was a lil agitated that I didn't know where it was.. I asked her where she parked it. Good thing it was almost bedtime.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
mreising

Post by mreising »

Aesinsp wrote:I've been using a DC-41 Animal Dyson for about a year and a half now. My wife got it as a gift from her parents or I don't expect she'd have taken that plunge alone. I've replaced one seemingly-unexpected part, but overall seems to do a very thorough job.
Found an older Dyson at a resale-shop for just under a hundo - fixed up my son with that.
On a slightly different but related note, last night my wife couldn't find a broom and was a lil agitated that I didn't know where it was.. I asked her where she parked it. Good thing it was almost bedtime.
How was the couch?
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Aesinsp wrote: last night my wife couldn't find a broom and was a lil agitated that I didn't know where it was.. I asked her where she parked it.
... and that's when the fight started... :twisted:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Aesinsp wrote:I've been using a DC-41 Animal Dyson for about a year and a half now. My wife got it as a gift from her parents or I don't expect she'd have taken that plunge alone. I've replaced one seemingly-unexpected part, but overall seems to do a very thorough job.

It's a wonder she didn't tell you where she was gonna park it after she found it. :P
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson