Romney Platform

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Naticarry

Re: Romney Platform

Post by Naticarry »

Tweed Ring wrote:Inside Hillary Clinton’s 2016 plan

Carr, the Floor Walker, notes She has made some interesting hires, and is putting her machine into place. Carr believes She is running.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/h ... ml?hp=t1_r" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mrs. Clinton has the same problem that Mr. Obama has. Neither one of them are capable of taking criticism and maintaining composure. They both turn very ugly when challenged in the slightest. The GOP campaign managers in 2008 and 2012 failed to capitalize on that weakness. I am wondering if they will have learned their lesson and actually criticize Ms. Clinton to her face. If so, there will be a treasure trove of "what difference, at this point, does it make?" lines. Alas, I fear the tone deaf DC based campaign managers will fear the MSM's accusations of bullying and run another kid glove campaign. But the media will never play those lines will be the retort to which I reply a 30 second TV ad with those clips in a montage will change even the low information voter's opinion of her.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

She isn't listening to anyone and doing it her way..........so she says......sorta like what Oslammer has been doing for years....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Naticarry wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:Inside Hillary Clinton’s 2016 plan

Carr, the Floor Walker, notes She has made some interesting hires, and is putting her machine into place. Carr believes She is running.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/h ... ml?hp=t1_r" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mrs. Clinton has the same problem that Mr. Obama has. Neither one of them are capable of taking criticism and maintaining composure. They both turn very ugly when challenged in the slightest. The GOP campaign managers in 2008 and 2012 failed to capitalize on that weakness. I am wondering if they will have learned their lesson and actually criticize Ms. Clinton to her face. If so, there will be a treasure trove of "what difference, at this point, does it make?" lines. Alas, I fear the tone deaf DC based campaign managers will fear the MSM's accusations of bullying and run another kid glove campaign. But the media will never play those lines will be the retort to which I reply a 30 second TV ad with those clips in a montage will change even the low information voter's opinion of her.
I agree with your premise. But, none of that will matter when She wins the election.
mrbone

Post by mrbone »

BobK wrote:Don't forget judges, civil service appointments, and actually signing bills sent by a (R) Congress.
I believe many Republicans oppose homosexual marriage, but Republican-appointed judges are the ones overturning state laws to make that legal. Also, a Republican-appoint SCOTUS justice upheld Obamacare. Do you mean that Democrat-appointed judges would have changed these outcomes? :?
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

mrbone wrote:
BobK wrote:Don't forget judges, civil service appointments, and actually signing bills sent by a (R) Congress.
I believe many Republicans oppose homosexual marriage, but Republican-appointed judges are the ones overturning state laws to make that legal. Also, a Republican-appoint SCOTUS justice upheld Obamacare. Do you mean that Democrat-appointed judges would have changed these outcomes? :?
Warning, thread drift---- Much as I dislike Roberts decision I can't argue with his reasoning from a constitutional point of view. That is what conservative judges are supposed to do. Congress absolutely has the power to levy taxes. That congress lied to the American people was not the question before the court.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Exactly.
Naticarry

Post by Naticarry »

WestonDon wrote:
mrbone wrote:
Warning, thread drift---- Much as I dislike Roberts decision I can't argue with his reasoning from a constitutional point of view. That is what conservative judges are supposed to do. Congress absolutely has the power to levy taxes. That congress lied to the American people was not the question before the court.

So a speeding ticket or a fine for attempting to bribe a bureaucrat are taxes?
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

No, a speeding ticket nor a bribe are not considered taxes. The cost of a ticket is typically a fine, which is not a tax. Moreover, bribes are typically illegal.

Only the House of Representatives can levy taxes. The Roberts court found The Affordable Care Act was a tax. Please refer to Article 1, Section 7, sub-section a. Revenue bills, of our Constitution, to answer your query.
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

curmudgeon3 wrote:I like your two favorites, but you do recognize that "not voting" for a Republican candidate in the general election defaults to a vote for the Democrat candidate ..... right ?

Yes I realize that not voting for a progressive republican defaults to a democRAT vote but whats the difference? Not much.

The first Presidential election I voted in was 1980 and I voted for Ronald Reagan.
Since then there have been Republican candidates that I did not like but I held my nose and voted for them because if I didn't "it was the same as voting democRAT". I've heard that load my whole life.

Well I'm fed up with the Republicans putting these progressives out there and expecting loyalty when I don't like their policies.

Yeah I know who appoints federal judges but I can't count on a progressive Republican to appoint a conservative judge, they LIE, they ALL LIE.

I know I haven't been voting as long as some of the older more wiser people on this forum but I have reached the end of my patience with the weasels in Washington. I don't have many years left on the green side and I'm going to vote for what I believe in.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

So...the obvious question for me is: what have you done to assist the Republican Party, or any other party, in nominating candidates to your liking?
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

Tweed Ring wrote:So...the obvious question for me is: what have you done to assist the Republican Party, or any other party, in nominating candidates to your liking?
In the past I have donated money, wrote letters, sent emails, made phone calls and volunteered for two primary candidates. When those two candidates lost I still voted for the winner.

You?
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

As a child, I stated campaigning during the first Eisenhower campaign, and have been active ever since. I dropped out of school to do advance work for the Gropp versus Vanick congressional race. I have worked and served as a consultant to a variety of local, and OGA campaigns. I managed the Krausz versus Quaintance campaign, as well as the Bough versus Bailey campaign. I worked for the Committee to Re-elect Nixon. I was part of the “kitchen cabinet” for the first Yost campaign.

I have worked a number of OGA races, as well as congressional races. I have recruited a number of young people into the world of campaign politics, as well as recruited and vetted candidates, and I continue to so act. I have worked a number of Republican Central Committee and Republican Executive Committee campaigns. At present I am consulting on a mayoral campaign. I write checks to the Ohio GOP, and to a number of gubernatorial campaigns, congressional campaigns and to various OGA candidates. I worked the Kasich campaigns, and donated to both these efforts. I have been a precinct committeeman as well as a registered lobbyist.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I'm not really up on this stuff but was wondering......any Judge or any cabinet position appointed by the WH has to be approved by the House or the Senate...don't they have veto power ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

Tweed Ring wrote:As a child, I stated campaigning during the first Eisenhower campaign, and have been active ever since. I dropped out of school to do advance work for the Gropp versus Vanick congressional race. I have worked and served as a consultant to a variety of local, and OGA campaigns. I managed the Krausz versus Quaintance campaign, as well as the Bough versus Bailey campaign. I worked for the Committee to Re-elect Nixon. I was part of the “kitchen cabinet” for the first Yost campaign.

I have worked a number of OGA races, as well as congressional races. I have recruited a number of young people into the world of campaign politics, as well as recruited and vetted candidates, and I continue to so act. I have worked a number of Republican Central Committee and Republican Executive Committee campaigns. At present I am consulting on a mayoral campaign. I write checks to the Ohio GOP, and to a number of gubernatorial campaigns, congressional campaigns and to various OGA candidates. I worked the Kasich campaigns, and donated to both these efforts. I have been a precinct committeeman as well as a registered lobbyist.
Oh you're very active in Grand Old Party,

So are you one of the guys to blame for giving me Romney to vote for last time? :P
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

No, I was a Mitch Daniels supporter, but his campaign went nowhere. My kid, who is a County Chair as well as an elected Central and Executive Committee member was a Romney guy.