Ladies, IL Police say vomit on yourself if attacked

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

D_Fence

Ladies, IL Police say vomit on yourself if attacked

Post by D_Fence »

http://www.isp.state.il.us/crime/saconfronted.cfm

It is one thing to give suggestions if you happen to be unarmed, but it is just plain nuts for them to suggest a nail file, screaming, or even vomiting on yourself is a better alternative than a firearm. I won't even begin to list all of the bizarre statements contained below.

Before you fight

Fighting for your safety may be necessary. However, if you start out fighting you cancel any other options that might be open to you. Since many attacks on women are not sexually motivated, and are designed to degrade and humiliate, talking your way out of it may be easier.

* There is documentation of assailants that left a would-be-victim alone after she told him that she was pregnant and it would kill her baby. (Some case were women that were too old to even have a baby.)
* Telling an attacker that you have VD or AIDS can discourage him.
* It may sound disgusting, but putting your fingers into you throat and making yourself vomit usually gets results. (This method is not often used except as a last resort.)
* Use your imagination and you can think of others.

The above methods are particularly important if your assailant has a gun or knife, or there is more than one attacker. (Fighting would probably be futile.)

If you must fight

Use of a firearm to protect yourself or property is not recommended.

* Guns stolen from residences are a primary way of getting guns into the hands of criminals.
* Half of all the women that fire a gun trying to protect themselves shoot someone they do not want to, i.e. friend, neighbors, relatives, etc.
* Be aware of those times and places where there is a potential for attack and be prepared to defend yourself.
o parking lots
o walking at night
o waiting for a bus
o elevators
o other you will learn to recognize

Articles common to your handbag that make useful defense weapons.

* nail file
* rat tail comb
* teasing brush
* pens and pencils
* keys
* anything rigid

Concentrate on these areas only when combating an assailant.

* groin
* eyes
* ears
* nose
* throat

You should not swing at an assailant. Roundhouse or overhand blows are easy to deflect or evade. Your movements should be made with all your strength, and should be straight jabs. Remember that screaming may be just as important to your defense as any weapon.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Wow.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
MR D

Post by MR D »

I like the one I taught my daughters

they will slide their thumbs into the corner of your eye sockets

I heard somewhere that it is really difficult to continue a sexual assault while one or both of your eyes is on your cheek....

Ya can't hit what ya can't see either....
8)
"I'd rather be tried by a jury of my peers, than carried by six of my friends..."
charles1198

Post by charles1198 »

"Half of all the women that fire a gun trying to protect themselves shoot someone they do not want to..." Yeah, right. And puking on yourself might stop a rape. I understand.
Ohio Medical Reserve Corps -- volunteer today!

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." -- President George Washington
Timmy44221

Post by Timmy44221 »

This was also on XDtalk, and someone thought it might also be a good idea to deficate on oneself.
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Those suggestions made me vomit on myself.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
techres

Nothing new

Post by techres »

Nothing new here, these suggestions have been around for decades now. They are no more useful now than they have been in the past.

The truly frustrating one is the vomit suggestion. Why? Forget how stupid it is, and unpractical too. What makes it so bad is that the suggestion is a vestige of the "rape as uncontrolled lust" idea that liberals supposedly disproved ages ago.

Leave it to stupid people to be inconsistent on top of stupid.
The last to wake up will be the first to go back to sleep...

NRA Member
Appleseed Rifleman & Instructor
Husband & Father of Three
Sevesteen

Post by Sevesteen »

charles1198 wrote:"Half of all the women that fire a gun trying to protect themselves shoot someone they do not want to..."
Well, I don't ever want to shoot anyone....so I suppose if I ever have to fire my gun in self-defense, you could consider it "someone I didn't want to shoot".
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

Wife and I were discussing this and she told me that once someone had told her that if the rapist had you down and was about to rape you,Urinate on yourself.

The problem with this is the adrenaline rush would prevent her from doing just that.(according to wifie) It would be similiar to having sex. The adrenaline and the body being in an (excited? ) state would prevent the act of urinating.

If at all possible who would want to go thru a sopping wet state?

I think a .380 or a .38 cal. pistol popping up at the precise moment would be more of a deterrant.If not long before that.
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Those suggestions are just too stupid for words.

We told our daughters to gouge out the eyes, too. Oldest is 15 and thinks that's just sick. But the alternative is worse. Hopefully she'll never know.

Linda
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
packin'mom

Post by packin'mom »

No Way! I can't make myself vomit and even if I could its out of the question!

I will have my gun vomit a bullet at the idiot!
Packin' Mom
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

I will have my gun vomit a bullet at the idiot!
:lol: Now you're talkin'!
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pniemeyer
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pniemeyer »

packin'mom wrote: I will have my gun vomit a bullet at the idiot!
Kind of gives a whole new meaning to the term "projectile vomit" now doesn't it. :lol:
packin'mom

Post by packin'mom »

pniemeyer wrote:
packin'mom wrote: I will have my gun vomit a bullet at the idiot!
Kind of gives a whole new meaning to the term "projectile vomit" now doesn't it. :lol:
It certainly does! :lol:
Packin' Mom
lungStruck

Post by lungStruck »

Half of all the women that fire a gun trying to protect themselves shoot someone they do not want to, i.e. friend, neighbors, relatives, etc.
And the other half practice at the range on a regular basis.
Scott.