Latest NRA commercials

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Latest NRA commercials

Post by M-Quigley »

There are a couple of NRA commercials still running on TV in my area. One is the one where a woman hears a break in, tries to get a gun out of a small gun safe, and the gun is gone. That particular commercial just mentions Hillary. The other is the woman in Indianapolis who defended herself against a knife welding robber, and that one ends with a specific statement of support for Trump. Although I think they are good effective commercials, I wonder how women in general feel about them. The few women I know are all gun owners except for one, and she's very anti gun, very liberal. When she saw the commercials the first time she was supposedly livid. Not that it matters to me, because nothing you say or do is ever going to change her mind on that subject anyway.

When I asked her, her main objection was that it was fear mongering, because Hillary doesn't want to take away anyone's guns, and that the chances of being a victim of a violent crime is like winning the lottery. I said that the Supreme court case she refers to when she said the Court was wrong on was essentially about individual gun ownership. I also said that while the chances of any one person at any one time being a victim might be low, someone wins or rather loses that lottery every day somewhere. Just last week a couple of women that work for the same employer she does had lost that lottery. :( Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has heard or seen of any feedback from people you know or on the internet, or polling regarding the NRA ads, and how effective they are or are not, given all the other stuff going on?
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Latest NRA commercials

Post by Mr. Glock »

Your Anti friend would not consider voting for Trump either, and the target market group is women undecided voters Plus men who feel protective of said women. The NRA is large enough that those ads are no doubt market-researched heavily.

The NRA is also running more homeland security ads too.

Next time she tells you that Hillary won't take your guns, say Romney said he wouldn't take away your right to contraception/abortion in 2012, did she believe him then?
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

When are we going to start seeing Trump ads that he's paying for? He was going to put $100 million of his own money into this campaign and if he doesn't start using it soon, it will be wasted. The only ads I'm seeing are NRA and a couple other PAC ads.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Mr. Glock wrote:Your Anti friend would not consider voting for Trump either, and the target market group is women undecided voters Plus men who feel protective of said women. The NRA is large enough that those ads are no doubt market-researched heavily.

The NRA is also running more homeland security ads too.

Next time she tells you that Hillary won't take your guns, say Romney said he wouldn't take away your right to contraception/abortion in 2012, did she believe him then?
I agree with the bolded. In fact I said essentially the same thing in the OP. I figured it was to target undecided voters, instead of people who are anti gun or pro Hillary already. I failed to mention in the OP, but the anti gunner is a relative. You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives.

I don't recall her mentioning abortion when Romney ran, it was other issues, like he's rich and sent money to overseas accounts, assaulted some gay kid when he was a teenager, stuff like that. :roll:
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Yes, but....

The abortion question turns the drama around....you say Hillary says she won't take our guns, so we should believe her. Did
you believe Romney when he said x. Could be any progressive issue.

The abortion issue tends to work well with Anti-gun females, espcially if you are also pro choice. Carrying a gun is a choice too.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member