carrying concealed

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Weights

carrying concealed

Post by Weights »

Hi Ladies. I was just wondering how you all carry your concealed weapons, like how you conceal if you have to dress up or something like that. I, myself, wonder what's the best way to conceal when I have to wear a suit and tie (obviously I'm a guy).
cameronb

Post by cameronb »

Well, I can't speak for the female modes of carry....But as for a suit, I find a shoulder harness to work well. Typically OWB holsters hang too low for a suit coat to cover them, IWB holsters work, but honestly, I think are too tacky for a suit (let's face it, most IWB holsters just aren't too appealing compared to a nice Galco or Bianchi, because most IWB's are ugly suede). So my vote definitely goes for crossdraw shoulder rig.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

cameronb wrote: Typically OWB holsters hang too low for a suit coat to cover them, IWB holsters work, but honestly, I think are too tacky for a suit (let's face it, most IWB holsters just aren't too appealing compared to a nice Galco or Bianchi, because most IWB's are ugly suede). So my vote definitely goes for crossdraw shoulder rig.
I dunno, I have several OWB holsters that reside comfortably under a suit or sports jacket. I will agree, though, that one must be careful when bending or reaching.

As far as IWB's, it's gonna depend where you shop. I've had some Mitch Rosen holsters that it's almost a shame to conceal...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

I've had some Mitch Rosen holsters that it's almost a shame to conceal
Based on many of your past posts...you seem to have a lot of neat toys to look and play with!

Thou shall not covet thy Forum Members toys....
Easier said than done!
:oops:
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Psouper

Post by Psouper »

I'm wondering this myself.
I wear a lot of skirts and dresses - am not fond of the masculine look, nor am I excited about bulges around my waist. And yet, a purse doesn't feel secure. It's a dilemma!
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Searching for Thigh Holster, no luck yet! Is this possible since youare a skirt person? Always seem to show up in the old spy movies.
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

Heck! A PPK in a thigh holster under the skirt would make like a James Bond type.

Be good to watch a gal go for the firearm without having to fumble around for it.Low reach and quick.Specially if she is sitting or crouching.
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Cruiser wrote:Searching for Thigh Holster, no luck yet! Is this possible since youare a skirt person? Always seem to show up in the old spy movies.
Ever try to walk with a pistol strapped to the inside of your thigh? :) Some things work for Bond girls that don't work in real life...
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

cameronb wrote: because most IWB's are ugly suede)
The real cheap ones are suede. The good ones are top grain leather. The fancy ones include sharkskin trim or better. Look at Alessi, Del Fatti, Sparks, Rosen, etc. and you won't find any ugly or suede! (You also will not find any inexpensive one either!) :)

I didn't have any problem carrying IWB a few weeks ago when I had to wear a suit. Fortunately, I only have to wear a suit for weddings or funerals these days. That's the nice thing in this area, "dressed up" means a new pair of jeans!

Ken
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

OhioPaints wrote:
That's the nice thing in this area, "dressed up" means a new pair of jeans!

Ken
Dang, I thought dressed up was a "clean pair of jeans!"
johnisaly

Post by johnisaly »

jabeatty wrote:
Cruiser wrote:Searching for Thigh Holster, no luck yet! Is this possible since you are a skirt person? Always seem to show up in the old spy movies.
Ever try to walk with a pistol strapped to the inside of your thigh? :) Some things work for Bond girls that don't work in real life...
Maybe the difficulty that affected your stride was the high heals you were wearing; not the thigh pistol? :oops: :oops: :shock: Just a thought. 8) :lol:
John in Columbus
"The story you are about to hear is true; the names have been changed to protect the innocent"
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

Cruiser wrote:
OhioPaints wrote:
That's the nice thing in this area, "dressed up" means a new pair of jeans!

Ken
Dang, I thought dressed up was a "clean pair of jeans!"
Well, I was referring to dressing up for formal occasions ;-) We don't have to get dressed up otherwise.

I do have to put clean jeans on to come into the house. Horses and rain mean mud, you know....

Ken
Buckshot

Post by Buckshot »

OhioPaints wrote:
The real cheap ones are suede. The good ones are top grain leather. The fancy ones include sharkskin trim or better. Look at Alessi, Del Fatti, Sparks, Rosen, etc. and you won't find any ugly or suede! (You also will not find any inexpensive one either!) :)

I didn't have any problem carrying IWB a few weeks ago when I had to wear a suit. Fortunately, I only have to wear a suit for weddings or funerals these days. That's the nice thing in this area, "dressed up" means a new pair of jeans!

Ken
Ken,

I think he is confusing rough-out with suede. Lots of good IWBs are roughout, as it holds still better in the waistband.

The real expensive ones have that covering layer of leather, often exotic, over the roughout in most cases.

Buckshot
cameronb

Post by cameronb »

No I wasn't really confusing anything Buckshot. I was just making a general statement. It's like anything else, the more you spend, the nicer the products you get. I was primarily talking about Bianchi and Galco's IWB's, and even cheaper brands than that, ie Uncle Mike's. But if you've got the cash for Milt Sparks stuff, more power to ya! I wish I could explain to the ol' lady why I need to spend that much on an IWB even though I've already got 4 of them...
Psouper

Post by Psouper »

I started a blog on this subject:
www.girlwithagun.blogspot.com