Manufacturer looking for womens feedback - Pink Guns

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Manufacturer looking for womens feedback - Pink Guns

Post by Bruenor »

Nice for one of the manufacturers to ASK.. I know Charter Arms checks with the women on their staff about color choices and have been corrected on numerous occasions.. "No not that Pepto-Bismol pink.. yuck use 'this shade' :D

http://lauraburgessmarketing.wordpress. ... -pink-gun/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We hope you will take a moment to look at the image and offer us your honest feedback in the comments section below. What do you think? Is this something you as a female would want in your arsenal? Would it increase a female’s likelihood to buy one of MG Industries’ firearms?
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
hutsona

Re: Manufacturer looking for womens feedback - Pink Guns

Post by hutsona »

Thanks for including the link. I left my $0.02 worth :) - basically it's not a bad take on the concept, and I'm sure lots of ladies will like it.

I've never understood the rationale behind Pepto-pink guns. Problem 1: no one old enough to buy that gun is going to wear that color on purpose. Problem 2: it makes a weapon look like a toy.

If they are looking for girl-friendly colors, they should check out the colors of shoes and purses. I'm sure they could come up with something "Coach" purse colored!!! :shock:
...learning new things every day!
omp

Post by omp »

I think people should have any color gun they want, but a hot pink gun looks too much like a toy in my opinion. I like pink, but I would not purchase a hot pink or even a light pink gun. Black suits me just fine.
Safety of my family is my number one priority.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Pink resembling a toy? Maybe.. but since it's not a toy, how much more likely is it to be gotten into by those that shouldn't if it is secured properly by right thinking adults?
Rhetorical of course, I don't suppose we have stats anywhere on such things.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Aesinsp wrote:Pink resembling a toy? Maybe.. but since it's not a toy, how much more likely is it to be gotten into by those that shouldn't if it is secured properly by right thinking adults?
Rhetorical of course, I don't suppose we have stats anywhere on such things.
^ Not a flippant question at all.

In the recent and quite well-balanced (I thought) 20/20 special "Young Guns," some of the kids who have been exposed to firearms education violated safety rules when they saw various brightly colored firearms, thinking that they were toys. After watching, I took time out to re-watch it with Anna, and to highlight to her that because of current marketing trends, there can well be firearms painted/made in various colors, and that she is to treat everything that looks like a gun as a gun, regardless of how it may appear otherwise.

----

FWIW, it surprised me that my 8-and-1/2 year old daughter went for "wood and black" as her preferred aesthetics when she picked out her first firearms earlier this summer. She's definitely a pink-and-purple-and-fluorescent, frills and lace kind of girl. :?: :lol:

My thoughts?

Whatever floats your boat.

We've all got our own style. Who am I to cramp someone else's? :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

If I found a pink gun I liked, I'd buy it and carry it.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

I know a few women that work with their hands for a living. One of them buys pink tools whenever she can get them. Not because she likes pink, but because she knows none of the guys will "borrow" her tools. :lol:
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

My wife changes her nail color daily. I think offering a plethora of colors would be better.
BuckJM53

Post by BuckJM53 »

While my wife is typically very fashionable, she has said upon many occasions when asked about pink guns "you'll never find one in my purse". With that said, she has mused more than once about a perp having to explain to his pen mates that he was caught after being capped in the butt by a little lady with a pink pistol :lol:
"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15" - Ronald Reagan
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

My wife likes me to wear blue clothes because she says it enhances the color of my eyes. Maybe she will buy me the new Kimber Sapphire. :D
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Werz wrote:Maybe she will buy me the new Kimber Sapphire.
Now that's a MAN's toy!! :wink:
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

TunnelRat wrote:
Werz wrote:Maybe she will buy me the new Kimber Sapphire.
Now that's a MAN's toy!! :wink:
Got to take issue with you there Tunnel Rat--that Kimber is chambered for 9mm parabellum--hardly a manly choice!
(Says me, the guy who owns a 5" Citadel 1911 in 9mm...) :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
BillytheKidder

Post by BillytheKidder »

After shooting a youth model Rem. 870 in her shotgun class, Mrs. Kidder requested the pink/camo version. It looks and shoots great.
Proudly causing more problems than I solve, since 1950.
bearkitty

Post by bearkitty »

Random Thoughts on this thread:

When I win the lottery I WILL own one of every Kimber ever produced.

When I smoked, I always carried pink lighters on the basis that my lighter-thief brothers would not pocket those. I was wrong. I also have a pink toolbox at the body shop. Not because I love pink, but because it sends a message that girls can do this too!

The long gun in the OP link, I would prefer it in red but wouldn't rule it out if the pink & purple were the only option.

On carrying a pink handgun.....I think that's a slightly different topic. Some pink accents to the barrel and grips. I could live with that, but it would not ever be my first choice. Why? Because I don't need to send a message that "girls can do this too" when it comes to my self defense. I don't need to look cute at the range. And I definitely don't want folks admiring my pink grip should it peek out of concealment or when OC. However, if pink encourages a lady to learn to shoot and carry, whatever it takes!!
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.
synack2

Post by synack2 »

I think they need more Purple Guns!

This one is my wife's. I had to search high and low to find one, purple is her favorite color (and mine too). She liked the SR22 and had shot a friends. I wasn't super happy about the 22 thing, but I wanted her to choose her gun so it was something she would carry and shoot, and she can run this gun like a well oiled machine and clear the very occasional malfunctions without skipping a beat. I am trying to gently easier her into a 380 (If only they had a Glock 42 in Purple)

Anyway, I had to track this baby down, while there was a general shortage of SR-22's and Guns everywhere after the Sandy Hook, and then finding a purple one debut. I paid WAY to much for it, but I had it in time for her CHL class and surprised her with it.

Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper