Show us your pics of women shooting!

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ATGglobal
Location: Located somewhere in NEO near the border of PA and WV.

Re: Show us your pics of women shooting!

Post by ATGglobal »

Guess I'll dig this one up again. Had a friend ask me if I would be willing to take her daughter on as a "student". So far she's doing great but definitely need to correct some things.Image
WARNING! This user at times may inadvertently be in violation of TOS

I can't believe the Officer cuffed me and threw me in the back of his car when I clearly called Shotgun

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ohio CHL, PA LTCF, OPOTA Private Security Firearms Certification, FAB Notation, Range Saftey Officer/Instructor
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Yep, those boots must get hot in the summer ; need to correct that :?

Just kidding

Just about every novice shooter seems to want to lean away from the gun, rather than in to it. And that is for both genders.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Mr. Glock wrote: Just about every novice shooter seems to want to lean away from the gun, rather than in to it. And that is for both genders.
That is an explosion, after all! :shock:

^ That, I really think, has something to do with it.

The other part, I think, is just simple body-mechanics.

I transitioned my daughter from airsoft to .22LR. It was also her instinct, just from picking up the airsoft, to shove that thing way out from her face while leaning back: given at that point she had absolutely no idea of recoil nor had any reason whatsoever to fear the action of the replica (er...she was, like, three years old? :lol: ), I thought that it was simply to maintain counter-balance to the object that's now way out there in front of one's body, held by one's outstretched hands. That the object is light in weight really has little bearing on this subconscious counter-balancing movement.

I showed her the proper way to hold her body posture, and even through the transition to live-fire, she's been A-OK and has not leaned back.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
BobK

Post by BobK »

Mr. Glock wrote:Just about every novice shooter seems to want to lean away from the gun, rather than in to it. And that is for both genders.
Another reason people fall into that pattern is if you are older and wear bifocals. I need to tip my head back to position my progressive lenses correctly to see the front sight. Tipping the head back can affect tipping the body back unless I really concentrate on chest forward, head back.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ Oh, thank you - that's something that I'm gonna need to remember not too long from now.

Cutting my fingernails and watching TV are now no longer compatible tasks! :oops: :lol:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Some of my young lady students. Kipnis is my daughter.

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Love those one-handed southpaws; it's the way I shoot, only right-hand.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

TSiWRX wrote:^ Oh, thank you - that's something that I'm gonna need to remember not too long from now.

Cutting my fingernails and watching TV are now no longer compatible tasks! :oops: :lol:
You guys are aware that there are intraocular lens implants available that will correct for all of that .... right ?
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

curmudgeon3 wrote:Love those one-handed southpaws; it's the way I shoot, only right-hand.
They're all righties.....I make them shoot southpaw also.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

pirateguy191 wrote:
curmudgeon3 wrote:Love those one-handed southpaws; it's the way I shoot, only right-hand.
+!

I have my students shoot two handed, strong hand and weak hand as well. We generally burn through 100 rounds of ammo and take up most of the required two hours of range time with actual live fire time.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

JustaShooter wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:
+!

I have my students shoot two handed, strong hand and weak hand as well. We generally burn through 100 rounds of ammo and take up most of the required two hours of range time with actual live fire time.
100 per student ? :shock:
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

curmudgeon3 wrote: 100 per student ? :shock:
Yeah. That IS kind of a low round count, huh?

:P
MyWifeSaidYes
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:

I know, right? I'm trying to build up the round count so that we can promote ourselves like the big outfits do, but I can't seem to get my partner on board... :wink:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:

I'm not sure, it was 2004, but I don't think I got close to 100 rounds in my CCW class. Maybe over 50 though.

One woman failed the written test too. Mmmm... Not so good.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:

The large class I attended in 2004 required a total of 20 rounds per shooter to pass.
This was with hand guns only, no belt feds.