Show us your pics of women shooting!

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Curzyk

Re: Show us your pics of women shooting!

Post by Curzyk »

A friend of mine went with me to the range last Tuesday. We had a good time! I tried to take a still photo of her muzzle flash, but missed every time. Google saw the series of images and automatically put together an animation:

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Haha, all these southpaws! :P

I'm actually left handed... but I shoot right handed... handguns & long guns.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Sevens wrote:Haha, all these southpaws! :P

I'm actually left handed... but I shoot right handed... handguns & long guns.
I'm the same way. Although I'm decent with long guns on my left. Handguns on my left not so much. I can chamber and fire but. Chances of me being moderately accurate are slim.
ATGglobal
Location: Located somewhere in NEO near the border of PA and WV.

Post by ATGglobal »

Sevens wrote:
ATGglobal wrote:with a full auto Glock 18 on her side.
It's not all too clear in the picture, but it simply doesn't look to have the shape of a Glock from what I see.

Tell us more?
Yea that was my mistake. Forgot she shot the Glock after the AR. That was my Sig P226 she was wearing there.
WARNING! This user at times may inadvertently be in violation of TOS

I can't believe the Officer cuffed me and threw me in the back of his car when I clearly called Shotgun

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ohio CHL, PA LTCF, OPOTA Private Security Firearms Certification, FAB Notation, Range Saftey Officer/Instructor
bearkitty

Post by bearkitty »

Me and my AR

My daughter and my AR

Meanwhile - my 13 yrs old son was "playing" songs on the steel plates with my Kimber, lol. But here's my southpaw with the AR later that same day.

Finger on triggers because we were actually shooting when these pics were taken.
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Wonderful pics! :D
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

bearkitty wrote:Finger on triggers because we were actually shooting when these pics were taken.
BK, I've found that most guns can't be fired at the range otherwise... :mrgreen:

Nice photos! 8)
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
CincyKid

Post by CincyKid »

@Bearkitty... if the range you were at is public and in the Cincy area... mind sharing the name?

I'm looking for an outdoor place nearby to shoot (when it warms a bit :) )
bearkitty

Post by bearkitty »

CincyKid wrote:@Bearkitty... if the range you were at is public and in the Cincy area... mind sharing the name?

I'm looking for an outdoor place nearby to shoot (when it warms a bit :) )
We were just a few miles south, in Crittenden KY. Lloyd's Wildlife something. They had ALL kinds of shooting going on there. We watched some trap competitions that day too. Amazing! It is "private", but $5 per person will get you in for the day :) I am waiting for their 2014 schedule to be released. The $5/open dates are once a month if I recall. Otherwise, you need to be a guest of a member. I've been there a few times. Pack a lunch and plan to spend the entire day there. People are nice.....my kids got to shoot a lot of different and very special (antique) guns with the assistance of the gun's owners whom we'd never even met. Cold range was really fun as the kids gathered the brass while the adults re-loaded.

BrianD - Thanks! You are SO right, lol. Just wanted to make sure no one thought we were just posing like that. The ladies-only gun forums would slaughter me for these.
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

Here are my ladies;

The wife wasting a zombie

And my youngest daughter with pistol

And rifle

All the best...Bob.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
miaponte

Post by miaponte »

NICE
Successfully,
Maria I Aponte, MBA
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

Why do all young shooters seem to lean back like that? I can't get mine to stand up straight, let alone lean forward a bit.

That looks a lot like Adams, Bob. What are the yearly dues up to?
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ I think it's a combination of a natural response to wanting to be as far away from that explosion as possible along with a natural inclination to lean back to counterbalance an extended weight at the tips of the fingers.

I'm wondering if my daughter will go to that when she tries out a firearm for the first time. With airsoft, she doesn't have that "bang" to worry about, so she hasn't done it, but I don't know what'll happen after the first time she tries a firearm.....
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

Yes that was at Adams I believe the dues were around $200 last year (I did not re-new this year)

I think the backward lean that my daughter does began right after she learned why ladies should not wear tank tops at the range. That is an older picture, she stands more vertical now but not quite forward. As her grip gets more aggressive and stronger the brass flies to the right and away better. When her grip was weaker the gun recoiled straight up and the brass came straight back.

This reminds me its time to get them both ( and my other daughter ) back to the range.

All the best...Bob.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
AnnieOakley

Post by AnnieOakley »

We aren't shooting in this one https://www.flickr.com/photos/25273238@N08/14301963947/but this is a photo of my NRA RSO class.
Yeah, I shoot like a girl. Would you like a lesson?