A girl w/a P226 concealed?

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

hutsona

A girl w/a P226 concealed?

Post by hutsona »

A lot of folks out there really like their hybrid holsters (Crossbreed, etc.). I have to agree, since I've got two, each in different brands, and use them both. However, I did not think even a hybrid holster would allow me to carry a full-size pistol.

A while back I had purchased an extra Kydex for my White Hat hybrid holster to fit my Sig P226, thinking it might work out for winter carry. So on a whim this weekend, I put the replacement Kydex on my holster, armed up with the big gun, and tried out a couple of my favorite shirts. I was amazed - NO printing. I showed it to my husband. At first he thought I was carrying my G27. Part of why this is amazing is that I'm 5'5" tall and not overweight. Being new to CC, I have purchased a few new shirts in one size larger than what I used to buy, but that's really the only concession.

Anyway, I guess I'd encourage other ladies to try out the pistol you WANT to carry - and maybe that doesn't have to dictated as much by matching your size and the pistol size. I carried the P226 for several hours at a local festival without a hitch.
...learning new things every day!
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: A girl w/a P226 concealed?

Post by TunnelRat »

Anyway, I guess I'd encourage other ladies to try out the pistol you WANT to carry - and maybe that doesn't have to dictated as much by matching your size and the pistol size. I carried the P226 for several hours at a local festival without a hitch.
I'm considered to be a fairly small man (5' 2" tall), yet I have managed to conceal full-size firearms for many decades. I've carried 1911s, .44 magnums, and a variety of Berettas, HKs, SIGs (including a P226), and others. I've never been "made" while carrying.

Concealment tends to be much easier than many of us carriers think. That's probably because people who carry firearms tend to notice such things. Most people hardly notice that you're even there--let alone that you might have the tiniest bulge under your cover garment.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

TR ...you are not considered small, you are small. Just puttin that out there, I know you a big enough man to handle it :wink:

A Sig 238 in a crappy holster feels like a cannon, while the full size gun in a good holster with a good belt disappears. There is a lesson here....the $20 Uncle Mikes Universal IWB holster is a waste. Buy the good holster
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Imcrazy

Post by Imcrazy »

A good holster makes all the difference. A good belt is equally important.
-Aaron
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Mr. Glock wrote:TR ...you are not considered small, you are small. Just puttin that out there, I know you a big enough man to handle it
Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark...! :wink:
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
bearkitty

Post by bearkitty »

Chiming in to agree that with the right holster and a good belt, almost anything can be "concealed".

I wear jeans and a solid color Tshirt to work every day. I also carry a 1911. I know that I print sometimes, but no one seems to notice.

Just the other day one of my vendors (someone who knows me outside of work) delivered some bad news then joked that he hoped I wasn't too upset - because he knew he'd never outrun my gun. The irony is that I was not armed that day due to a kid event at school. 8)
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.