Crossbreeds Modular Belly band

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TKshooter

Re: Crossbreeds Modular Belly band

Post by TKshooter »

Duke of Advil wrote: My wife is considering picking up one of these and I was wondering...
Do you still like/use it?
How is the elastic holding up?
Honestly I do not wear it that much anymore.

Stills serves the purpose if I am running out of the house and I don't want to change out of my yoga/sweat pants or running shorts. I wear it low like where an IWB holster would sit.

I have found that the velcro is loud, when I get in and out of the car I hear the crinkling noise. Its not detaching from the band but I don't like the sounds. Still have issues with the cant- if you wear it vertical with no cant it is more comfortable.

Concealing isn't the modular bands strong suit in my opinions- since you can't mess around too much with the cant of the modular piece there are limits to where to hide it.

However I did just switch from carrying in front of the hip to behind the hip and wow it is making a difference. I was always somewhat against the "small of back" carry- not sure why.

But as my husband says- I have a "booty shelf" and it hides the gun better than any other way I have carried.

So my advice- I like having it in the holster bag so its an option- I have a bra holster, belly band, shoulder holster. But honestly its my IWB that I wear the most and love. and my OWB too...
-TK

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke