In the Waistband Holsters?

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Imcrazy

Re: In the Waistband Holsters?

Post by Imcrazy »

I had a nice SIG P238 a while back and I really liked my crossbreed mini tuck. My buddy just got a mini tuck for his wife's Bodyguard .380 they're pleased with it.
-Aaron
bearkitty

Post by bearkitty »

"Dude" belts?? Mine is a Michael Kohrs (oooohhhhh!) ladies belt, so it is a little curved, and was a gift from my momma which she purchased at Macy's.

Where there's a will - there's a way.
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Mustang380gal wrote:
Werz wrote: Well, aside from the usual "belt machismo" with a strong preference for triple-stitched, Kevlar-reinforced, double-layer bullhide (not to mention a wee, tiny bias toward a specific maker of leather goods :wink: ), there's one point which I will repeat: all holsters carried at the waist - whether a belt holster, a paddle holster, a leather/Kydex hybrid holster, or even a single clip inside-the-waistband holster - must have strong belt support. Younger males have increasingly eschewed belts, and in the absence of carrying a gun, I rarely see women wearing functional (as opposed to decorative) belts. Indeed, I have found that, for women, the requirement of a belt is often a major impediment to them carrying a handgun, even if they already have a concealed handgun license. Nevertheless, it is largely unavoidable.

Just thought I'd share that.
Part of the reason women don't wear functional belts is that belt loops often aren't big enough for a proper belt. Many are less than an inch in size, which seriously hampers what belt can be used.

Compounded by that is that women's sizes of clothing don't seem to have loops at all, unless it is blue jeans, and then the loops are smaller. Several pairs of my jeans cannot fit one of Ted's fire department belts, and it is rather narrow, by guy standards.
^ M380g's thoughts on this matter a while ago prompted me to take a look at my wife's business clothes, and sure enough, belt-loops were all over the place (almost literally).

It made me realize just how lucky us guys have it.

----
Mrs. Daspirate wrote:
hutsona wrote:I agree with you on the necessity of a decent belt, but "dude belts" tend to stick out in the back (assuming you can get them through the 2 belt loops most women's jeans offer :x ). I have yet to find a good belt that conforms to a woman's shape - "good" being defined as wide enough and rigid enough to hold up 2-3lbs of gun & ammo without letting it shift around. I wear a "dude belt" anyway, and figure that if my cover garment is good enough for a pistol, it's good enough for a wayward belt. Any leather workers out there... I'm seeing a new market for you if you can find a solution to this dilema.
What do you mean by sticking out at the back?
^ My best guess is that this happens when the person sits or squats - that the area just above the tail-bone "tents" due to the stiffness of the belt.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Psouper

Post by Psouper »

I'm a huge fan of my IWB Sheepskin holster...I believe it's from Kramer Gun Leather. It's like my warm fuzzy blankie.
Proud Army Mom
hutsona

Post by hutsona »

Mrs. Daspirate wrote:
hutsona wrote:I agree with you on the necessity of a decent belt, but "dude belts" tend to stick out in the back (assuming you can get them through the 2 belt loops most women's jeans offer :x ). I have yet to find a good belt that conforms to a woman's shape - "good" being defined as wide enough and rigid enough to hold up 2-3lbs of gun & ammo without letting it shift around. I wear a "dude belt" anyway, and figure that if my cover garment is good enough for a pistol, it's good enough for a wayward belt. Any leather workers out there... I'm seeing a new market for you if you can find a solution to this dilema.
What do you mean by sticking out at the back?
Because of the stiffener in the belt, it doesn't conform to my shape in the back (between say 4 & 8 o'clock). If I'm standing it's not too much of an issue, but if I bend over, it doesn't go with me and I end up with a gap between me and my belt of an inch or more! Maybe I just hadn't noticed before since all of my belts were narrower. It also seems like the stiffener, which is plastic, keeps the leather from breaking in.
...learning new things every day!
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ That happens to men, too. :) And it's actually pretty common with many of the "ultra stiff" belts.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio