Bra Holster: Thought?

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MissChris

Re: Bra Holster: Thought?

Post by MissChris »

I just watched this review on the flash bang. It's a great overall review if you are considering one, and it's done by a smaller woman, for those that have questions about that.

But what I loved was around minute 9 she show scenarios where you may not be able to get the gun out and on target during close encounters, and offers an alternate draw method that puts you right on target. I highly recomend that part to anyone who owns a flashbang!

http://youtu.be/NXluce4xdgg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

MissChris wrote: But what I loved was around minute 9 she show scenarios where you may not be able to get the gun out and on target during close encounters, and offers an alternate draw method that puts you right on target
She starts the alternate draw discussion around minute 13.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

PICTURES???
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

pirateguy191 wrote:PICTURES???
Don't be lazy. Watch the video. :roll:
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
TKshooter

Post by TKshooter »

Just ordered a flashbang holster for my SW Shield... Will update when I get it and try it out... And I'll post pics (PG ones of course lol)
-TK

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
azaria567

Post by azaria567 »

I didn't think I was going to like it but I am wearing the flashbang for my Kahr Cm9 and I LOVE it! It takes a few tries of figuring out how to fit it to you and your bra but once you get it figured out it is great!

For those of you that had a hard time carrying it, do you know if you had it in high or low carry? I found that it works better for me in high carry.

As far as comfort, I actually find it to be surprisingly comfortable. I like this much better than ankle carry. I carry at work in my flashbang and no one can tell!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Gingeroo147

Post by Gingeroo147 »

Rotorflyr wrote:MrsFlyr is considering one, but has not yet made up her mind on it.
I've read some women find them extremely comfortable, others don't.
For those that are worried about the concealment aspect (or those who are smaller up front and don't think it would work), have any of you looked at the "Marilyn" version (which puts the gun off to the side more like a shoulder holster)?
I have Marilyn holsters for both my bodyguard and lcp. I really like it but there are a couple of things you have to keep in mind with it...first, it doesn't fit the same way on all bras. Depending on which bra I'm wearing it has to sit someplace different. Often my gun ends up tucked under my arm and that can be awkward if you are a hugger... I have ummm plenty of room to store a gun in a bra holster so I don't know how well it would work for someone with less room. :D Also, it's not the best choice in the winter when you are layered up because it would just be too hard to get too. I wear a lot of hoodies and it would be nearly impossible to get to my gun in it though the top of a hoodie or coat. It's good though for days when you are wearing a dress or something that doesn't lend itself well to a iwb holster.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Wife picked one up at the NRA show.
Sales guy refused to sell it to her until she went into the restroom and tried one on to make sure she liked it, being aware of the holster box issue, I appreciated his stance on this.
I was under the impression the flashbang hung from the strap on the holster, but apparently it actually tucks under the bottom of the bra, and the strap is just to keep the holster in place so you can draw the pistol.
Just proves that even after all these years I'm still confounded by the complexity of womens undergarments.
(you'd get that reference if you ever saw Johnny Phoenix escape from a straight jacket, chain and a womens brassiere, guess you had to be there.. )

At least now I get to turn the tables and give her grief for buying a holster for a gun she doesn't own yet.. Just as several years back she gave me grief for buying ammo for a rifle I hadn't purchased yet. :D
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
sunshine74

Post by sunshine74 »

I have a sig p938, I am a bigger cup, and you can't tell it is there. It did take time to get used to it. I had certain bras that work better. Sometimes it moves and pinches. I put moleskin on the back of it and now I love it because it helped with the sweating issue. I will just change it when needed. This is the only way for me to carry at work without printing. I suggest practicing in front of a mirror with drawing of course unloaded. I can draw as fast as most with a iwb holster.
GunHandbags

Customers are happy with it

Post by GunHandbags »

I haven't tried using the Flashbang personally but because I sell it on my website, I can tell you that (surprisingly) I have never had one returned. It looks like it would be uncomfortable to me too and so I assumed it would end up being one of those items that got returned fairly often but it hasn't happened yet, knock on wood. It must work well and feel good on too or I would be hearing about it from my customers. :D
Mary at http://www.GunHandbags.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnnieOakley

Post by AnnieOakley »

Only know one woman who has one but she loves it for her Ruger LCP .380.
It's the original model.
Yeah, I shoot like a girl. Would you like a lesson?
omp

Post by omp »

I like the idea, but I am too top heavy for this to work out. I am new to the conceal carry world. Looking for advice and options :) .
Safety of my family is my number one priority.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

omp wrote:I like the idea, but I am too top heavy for this to work out. I am new to the conceal carry world. Looking for advice and options :) .
Dunno where you are in Ohio, but the Concealed Carry Fashion show coming up could be a good resource for you if you are in the area.
http://realizefac.org/fashion_show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tthe CHOOSING HOLSTERS section on Cathy Jacksons Website might be a good place to start. Cathy just had a womens holster clinic in Madison Ohio yesterday..
http://www.corneredcat.com/contents/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
omp

Post by omp »

Thank you so much. I'm in Northeast Ohio. The links you provided are just what I am looking for. Chagrin Falls is about a half hour away. :).
Safety of my family is my number one priority.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

So I'm in the Fin in Middleburg heights this past weekend, and they now have thigh holsters and Flash Bangs in stock. there was a manikin on top of the holster rack with a flash bang dangling from a bra incorrectly. I didn't want to reach up and correct it in the middle of the store, and felt awkward about instructing one of the clerks on the proper way to wear a flashbang.. I figure at the very least that would get me some funny looks.

If one of you ladies stops in there maybe you could mention to one of the female clerks that their display is not correct...
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson